feature requests

Will the Wolverine movie make back issues hot? (Comic Book Forums)

• Will the Wolverine movie make back issues hot?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 9, 2013 10:25:00 am
  • Will the Wolverine movie make back issues hot? I heard the Silver Samurai will be in it so I would think his 1st appearance will go up? Does anyone else have some projections influenced by the upcoming movie?
  • Posted: July 9, 2013 11:16:23 am
  • I think it will just depend on how good the movie is and if fans of it will want to continue to read the stories that inspired it. Right now I think everyone is hesitant because of how bad the last one was.
  • Posted: July 9, 2013 11:47:15 pm
  • I got a feeling that if it depends on the quality of the movie they will be giving SS's first appearance away afterwards.
  • Posted: July 10, 2013 3:00:49 am
  • I don't think a Wolverine movie will help prices. Wolverine has been in so many movies now and he is already such a popular character on his own that I don't think a movie will make a lot of difference.

Silver samurai may go up a little but I think it's more because of investors thinking it may go up
    Not collecting any more but I still enjoy comics now and then...
  • Posted: July 11, 2013 1:07:04 pm
  • weinreich said:
    I don't think a Wolverine movie will help prices. Wolverine has been in so many movies now and he is already such a popular character on his own that I don't think a movie will make a lot of difference.

Silver samurai may go up a little but I think it's more because of investors thinking it may go up

+1. My thoughts exactly.
  • Posted: July 26, 2013 7:43:08 pm
  • I would agree, but I might look at special characters in the movie, which could influence other comic values. maybe
  • Posted: July 27, 2013 5:07:03 am
  • Has anyone seen the movie yet?
  • Posted: July 28, 2013 1:37:26 pm
  • I saw it yesterday and thought it was great. The action is superb and the story definitely had substance. If you're holding off on seeing this and waiting for DVD because of the last one, I would recommend you check it out in theaters.

End credit scene is epic.
    @radioactivebug
  • Posted: August 3, 2013 9:05:10 pm
  • Good movie! I could have done without the Jean Grey scenes. Mariko and Yukio were great. I am now pulling out my Wolverine limited series(Claremont/Miller) tpb to read again!
  • Posted: August 6, 2013 9:21:09 am
  • I would hope that it would make the back issues higher since I am selling a really large lot of Wolverine 1-144, but realistically I do not think it will really make any kind of noticeable impact on the price.
24 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Kodansha Comics's Rent-A-Girlfriend Soft Cover # 24
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's Revenge: Mrs. Wrong Soft Cover # 2
  • Kodansha Comics's Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement Soft Cover # 6
  • Marvel Comics's War Machine Issue # 10b