feature requests

Marvel NOW! #1 issues (Comic Book Forums)

• Marvel NOW! #1 issues

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 7, 2013 2:59:46 pm
  • I'm starting to collect at least #1 issues of some of the Marvel NOW! reboots this year including:

Iron Man
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    All New X-Men
    Uncanny X-Men
    X-Men
    Nova
    Thanos Rising
    Savage Wolverine
    Daredevil Dark Nights
    (so far!)

I think eventually as their respective series rolls on, they will go up in value. How long do you think they will take to do so? I think Guardians will get hot once the movie is closer to release, same with Thanos for Avengers 2.
  • Posted: June 7, 2013 3:50:02 pm
  • Of all those the only one I could possibly see going up in price is All New X-Men because they brought the original silver age x-men team to the present day timeline....and because it is one of the most popular Marvel Now titles
  • Posted: June 7, 2013 6:00:05 pm
  • YEah, i think on this one your best shot is to think of which series are actually good... and might warrant people wanting to fill in the back issues later.

Of that list, I would say All New X men definitely, and then maybe (and I say maybe) Guardians and Nova... although its too soon to tell on both. THanos isnt that great, uncanny is good, but nothing special, the first few Iron mans were not good, savage is ok

I have Xmen, but havent read it yet, so i cant speak to it. Daredevil dark nights is a possibility, it got a lot of attention, but I never got it. Plus, its a mini, so if at this point it hasnt shot up in price, it might not.
  • Posted: June 7, 2013 7:26:47 pm
  • High order numbers/print runs will keep most Marvel Now titles relatively stable. I don't think they will fluctuate too much. Most still seem to be readily available. You might see an uptick on some of the variants if there is an increase in popularity. But that's a big "might."
    fsjeter's John Romita Sr Spider Man Covers album on Photobucket
  • Posted: June 7, 2013 9:01:56 pm
  • Yep, very high print runs. I would imagine most comic shops still have them sitting around and they were readily purchased for half cover price for quite awhile. Not to mention when Marvel reboots the series' again in a not too distant future...well that just kills demand.
  • Posted: June 9, 2013 3:27:04 am
  • hermanwilliams said:
    Yep, very high print runs. I would imagine most comic shops still have them sitting around and they were readily purchased for half cover price for quite awhile. Not to mention when Marvel reboots the series' again in a not too distant future...well that just kills demand.

Yep, have a bad feeling when typing my iron man and dead pool into my GCStar collection evertime and see "Vol. 5" and "Vol. 3"... ah the smell of reboots.

Anyway, maaaaybe Deadpool #1 would be a good bet. Eventually the movie will air... my hopes are high for my favorite anti hero.
  • Posted: June 10, 2013 7:59:49 am
  • Well....*fingers crossed* I'm hoping none of those series' get a reboot in the near future. Same with The New 52 from DC. IMO, these should be the "official" reboots which should be comparable (in 20 years) to the Vol. 1 of the same title.

I realize I'm being way too optimistic but that's what SHOULD happen......since both DC and Marvel are rebooting most of their titles at the same time. It's like a fresh start/clean slate.
  • Posted: June 10, 2013 8:55:07 am
  • Problem with the re-boot is all the appearances are not "NEW" or "1st Of" like when they were first released...you had all the characters, villains and heroes being introduced for the first time so those are viewed as key issues now and went up in value and continue to do so. With the new reboots I and I'm sure most people/collectors look at them as just new stories and not 1st appearances of characters so I can't really see them sky rocketing in value anytime soon, and with digital being available if a book does go up in value they can just go back to marvel and buy it digitally for cover price if they want to read it.

Last edited June 10, 2013 8:56:34 am
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: August 14, 2013 6:27:30 am
  • I don't think this will work. If you look at the Overstreet price guide you will notice that comics from the 90s and up are practically worthless ( of course there will be the exception). This is because everyone did and are, doing the same thing; collecting comics. This is why I only buy new comics for the purpose of reading. I would generally go for comics that pre date 1986.
  • Posted: September 16, 2013 9:35:39 pm
  • Very few of the DC news 52 #1s have increased with any significant value.

Off the top of my head Batman #1 and Detective Comics #1 are the only books that have gone up a bunch.
13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 64 years, 95 days, 1 hour of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Meadowbrook Press's David, We're Pregnant! Soft Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Hawkeye: Kate Bishop Issue # 1b
  • Marvel Comics's Invincible Iron Man Issue # 1neal adams
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: War of the Bounty Hunters Issue # 1sunset-a