feature requests

Good pick ups? Heard these are hot titles (Comic Book Forums)

• Good pick ups? Heard these are hot titles

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 12, 2013 6:02:27 pm
  • Was just in my LCS and picked up 3 copies of The Strain #1, The Sixth Gun #2, and 2 copies of Helheim #1. All first prints for cover price. Seems like a decent score to me. Comments?
  • Posted: May 12, 2013 7:34:03 pm
  • Cashthedog said:
    Was just in my LCS and picked up 3 copies of The Strain #1, The Sixth Gun #2, and 2 copies of Helheim #1. All first prints for cover price. Seems like a decent score to me. Comments?

I'm enjoying all of these so Nice! in my opinion.

The Strain is picking up now that they are beginning to cast the pilot for the TV show on FX. The Fall, the second comic book series based on the second novel, will be starting soon.

Was that Sixth Gun #2 or Sixth Gun: Sons of the Gun #2? If it is the former you got a great pick up, if it is the latter, the market may react negatively to the pilot being dropped by NBC/Syfy. Time will tell.

Helheim started hot but has come back down to about cover price. Time will tell on this one, too. However, in all honesty, the outlook is not as promising for this title as the others.
    fsjeter's John Romita Sr Spider Man Covers album on Photobucket
  • Posted: May 12, 2013 10:07:03 pm
  • fsjeter said:
    Cashthedog said:
    Was just in my LCS and picked up 3 copies of The Strain #1, The Sixth Gun #2, and 2 copies of Helheim #1. All first prints for cover price. Seems like a decent score to me. Comments?
    I'm enjoying all of these so Nice! in my opinion.The Strain is picking up now that they are beginning to cast the pilot for the TV show on FX. The Fall, the second comic book series based on the second novel, will be starting soon.Was that Sixth Gun #2 or Sixth Gun: Sons of the Gun #2? If it is the former you got a great pick up, if it is the latter, the market may react negatively to the pilot being dropped by NBC/Syfy. Time will tell.Helheim started hot but has come back down to about cover price. Time will tell on this one, too. However, in all honesty, the outlook is not as promising for this title as the others.

Thanks for the feedback jsjeter. I plan to hold on to the Stains and see what happens. It is the Sixth Gun 'original' #2, not the Sons of the Gun book. Again will probably hold on to this and see what happens.

Helheim might just turn into a reading copy. If these crazy markets though sometimes picking up extra now can pay for 10 new books down the road!
  • Posted: May 13, 2013 12:50:07 pm
  • I've got a couple of the later Sixth Gun books and I can see what the buzz is about. I've heard good things about Helheim, but I'm going on a break for a while. May pick up the trades when I start buying again.

Mind MGMT has been my most pleasant surprise. The art style is a little unconventional, but it fits the story, which is creative on a level with Chew, which is awesome.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: May 13, 2013 6:52:09 pm
  • The Sixth Gun is definately my favorite comic right now. I was disappointed the tv pilot didn't make it. Maybe another season or another network will pick it up? It would've been cool to see this story come to life. Congrats with the new additions.
  • Posted: May 13, 2013 7:51:53 pm
  • The back catalogue of print media that should be adapted to television is ridiculous. Stephen King's Dark Tower is my bugaboo. Under the right helm, that could be milked forever.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: August 26, 2013 6:21:20 am
  • Very Nice Pick ups Drool
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Captain America: Epic Collection TPB # 6
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 458b
  • Marvel Comics's Venom: Dark Origin Issue # 3b
  • Marvel Comics's War Machine Issue # 5b