feature requests

I'm Addicted to Buying Vintage Comics on eBay... (Comic Book Forums)

• I'm Addicted to Buying Vintage Comics on eBay...

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 13, 2013 3:45:15 pm
  • ...based on Marvel movie news. In the past few months I've purchased:

Marvel Super-Heroes #18 (first Guardians of the Galaxy)
    Uncanny X-Men #141 and #142 (Days of Future Past)
    Invincible Iron Man #55 (first Thanos)
    Nova #1 (first Nova)
    Captain America #117 (first Falcon)
    Incredible Hulk #271

And I'm still shopping.
    @radioactivebug
  • Posted: February 13, 2013 4:23:28 pm
  • Canuck said:
    Marvel Premiere #47 & #48 should be on your list then. Antman movie is said to be based on these two issues. http://comicbookrealm.com/series/1311/0/marvel-marvel-premiere

Yup...those will be added to the list as well. I hadn't heard that. Thanks for the heads up!
    @radioactivebug
  • Posted: February 14, 2013 2:10:20 pm
  • I got #48 for $10 including S&H on eBay. Looking around for #47 to see if I can get a nice price on that.
    @radioactivebug
  • Posted: February 14, 2013 2:16:14 pm
  • I picked up #48 for $1 at a Comic Shop in Montana a few months ago..it was only in FN or so, but still a steal.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: March 3, 2013 11:53:47 pm
  • buying vintage comics on ebay is a slippery slope.... i too struggle with this addiction lol. once im on there to look for one thing i always see others that i would like or ones to go along with the one i am buying and my bank account takes quite a hit lol
  • Posted: March 6, 2013 6:40:53 am
  • EazyE said:
    buying vintage comics on ebay is a slippery slope.... i too struggle with this addiction lol. once im on there to look for one thing i always see others that i would like or ones to go along with the one i am buying and my bank account takes quite a hit lol

Nice to know I'm not the only one.

In other news, rumor has it that the Nova Corps will make an appearance in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. I picked up Nova #1 a few months back in anticipation of this.
    @radioactivebug
  • Posted: August 14, 2013 5:57:10 am
  • That is a really good find. Do you have any tips on how to locate these sort of issues?
    ThxDrool
  • Posted: August 14, 2013 11:09:41 am
  • I'm literally addicted to the site comicbookmovie.com. Anytime I hear an inkling of a rumor for a character appearing in a Marvel movie, I start scouring eBay for their first appearance. Not really any sort of science to it.

I recently got Fantastic Four #52 which is the first appearance of Black Panther. I've been looking for a reasonable Strange Tales 110 which is the first appearance of Dr. Strange, but it's been tough to find a copy in decent enough condition, but low enough price.
    @radioactivebug
  • Posted: August 14, 2013 7:00:04 pm
  • Radioactivebug said:
    I'm literally addicted to the site comicbookmovie.com. Anytime I hear an inkling of a rumor for a character appearing in a Marvel movie, I start scouring eBay for their first appearance. Not really any sort of science to it.

I recently got Fantastic Four #52 which is the first appearance of Black Panther. I've been looking for a reasonable Strange Tales 110 which is the first appearance of Dr. Strange, but it's been tough to find a copy in decent enough condition, but low enough price.

Thanks for the info. Maybe its not rocket science but it sounds pretty smart and effective, lol. Thanks againVery Happy
15 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 64 years, 124 days, 10 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Black Caravan's Count Draco: Knuckleduster Issue # 1megacon
  • Bear Claw's My Nightmarish Little Venomous Ponies Issue # 1bear-c
  • Thru Black Holes Comix's Plain Loon's Cosmic House Issue nn
  • Random House Publishing Group's The Boondocks: Past and Present - All the Rage Soft Cover # 1