feature requests

Daredevil back issues? (Comic Book Forums)

• Daredevil back issues?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 30, 2013 1:22:03 am
  • I noticed that this site has many of the Daredevil back issues with the green arrow. I'm pretty sure 131 has gone up also since I bought it a couple months ago. I was wondering if there is a reason these seem to be going up? Because I was thinking about maybe trying to purchase 168
  • Posted: January 30, 2013 9:10:36 am
  • I noticed the same. Sure would be nice to get it right for a change. Just picked up a huge run of Daredevil books in really good shape. Ive been bouncing from here, Price Guide, and feeBay and Daredevil is just plain Hot! Even his new series is picking up with his back issues selling well.

Daredevil is the new Daredevil and where Deadpool wants to be.

I celebrate myself, And what I assume you shall assume. For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you. -Walt Whitman
  • Posted: January 30, 2013 6:31:46 pm
  • Yeah, I bought 138 a few months ago which i am very happy about now.. hopefully it keeps going up

Also, does anyone know why some issues of #168 have Spider-man in the bottom left (as many comics then did), and some have a barcode? On these two covers the issue no. and 50 cent price are also switched around in the top left. There doesn't seem to be any variants that are this similar, and the one shown on this site is one of them and the one on wikipedia is the other
  • Posted: January 30, 2013 8:57:46 pm
  • EazyE said:
    Yeah, I bought 138 a few months ago which i am very happy about now.. hopefully it keeps going up

Also, does anyone know why some issues of #168 have Spider-man in the bottom left (as many comics then did), and some have a barcode? On these two covers the issue no. and 50 cent price are also switched around in the top left. There doesn't seem to be any variants that are this similar, and the one shown on this site is one of them and the one on wikipedia is the other

Newsstand edition vs. direct edition. .. good explanation here: http://uncannyderek.com/2011/04/01/classic-comic-special-comics-covers-barcod/
  • Posted: January 30, 2013 9:33:37 pm
  • ahhhhhh thank you for that. lost the auction anyway but good to know for the future
  • Posted: November 9, 2013 8:31:17 pm
  • I think the daredevil series will go up. Especially the 75 cent variants. I recently sold 188 of daredevil 75 center. I got just over 22 dollars for it. But I really would like to buy more of these, that I don't have.Very Happy
  • Posted: January 21, 2014 9:27:36 am
  • Let me ask you this. Not just for Daredevil but as a good example of something you think would go up. How much would you pay for these books? Obviously as cheap as you can get Smile But would you pay current value, 50% of value? How high would you go?
  • Posted: January 23, 2014 5:21:07 pm
  • kiddoc1997 said:
    Let me ask you this. Not just for Daredevil but as a good example of something you think would go up. How much would you pay for these books? Obviously as cheap as you can get Smile But would you pay current value, 50% of value? How high would you go?

It depends on if you're buying them to sell them right away, or looking for a long-term buy or something that means something to you personally.

To use Daredevil for an example, IN MY OPINION I wouldn't care about owning any issues other than the first Miller (157, I think?), then 168, then 181. All of the other issues, many of which I've owned over the years, are strictly fodder to sell. In the last few months I've actually (re)bought quite a few of the Miller issues (not the three listed above) in lots, and usually the investment works out to $1-$3 per issue. And then I take those issues to my LCS, and get half of guide value for store credit. The LCS owner then lists those comics at guide price and every now and then he'll sell one. That's just how it works out. The Miller run in particular is a great example of an evergreen back issue run that always seems to have interest in value. If I hadn't already owned all these comics multiple times over, including beloved Omnibus versions that I'll never sell, then I sure as heck would want them too. As it is, I still think those certain individual issues are pretty cool to have.

For other key DD issues, I've been buying the series monthly for a while now. I've sold the first 20 of the Waid issues for about triple cover price overall, after having paid cover price for them initially. I wouldn't have gone any higher than that in the first place. I'm also hanging on to an extra copy of DD #1 from Waid, which I found in a back issue bin for cover price a few months ago. I'll probably throw it up on eBay sometime and get around $15 for it. Would I have bought another copy of this for $5? Eh, maybe. $6? No. It depends on how much you care about having these issues around in your house, vs. what you think the value might be, vs. how much it's worth your time to put mental effort into managing this stuff. I like the Waid run OKAY. I'm SOMEWHAT interested in making $10 or whatever on that #1 issue.

I currently have two issues of DD 181. One of my favorite single issues ever. I paid maybe $6 a piece for them back in the '90s. At some point I'd probably sell one of them. If I didn't own that issue at this point, would I pay $20 for a NM copy? Yeah, probably. I'm also always on the lookout for copies of 157 and 168. I'd probably pay $15 a piece for them. I never see them for that low, so I have never bought 'em. If I had the intent of selling those issues, then I'd feel fine paying half guide price for them, and then flipping them. But as it is, I'd want to hand onto those issues, and I don't feel like paying even half guide price to do so. Hence, I haven't ever paid money for copies of them in single issue.

Last edited January 23, 2014 5:40:12 pm
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 64 years, 124 days, 10 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Avengers Issue # 50
  • Image Comics's Nocterra Issue # 5twotwentyone-a
  • Drawn and Quarterly Publications's Palooka Ville Issue # 19
  • Murray Comics's Super Heroes Album Issue # 16