feature requests

New Mutants #98 Deadpool Speculations. (Comic Book Forums)

• New Mutants #98 - Deadpool Speculations.

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 30, 2014 5:16:50 pm
  • Rapha1978 said:
    I've got a copy of New Mutants #98. Was hoping to get it signed by Rob Liefeld a year ago but he was charging $25 just for signing that issue and decided it wasn't worth it. Signed my 2nd appearance of Deadpool (X-Force #2) for free though.
    A complete hack like Liefeld charges $25 an auto? What a douche.

• Posted: April 30, 2014 6:49:25 pm
  • Even hacks have to make a living some way. Wink
  • Posted: April 30, 2014 10:08:52 pm
  • junobeach said:
    A complete hack like Liefeld charges $25 an auto? What a douche.

He was charging to sign New Mutants #98 (1st Deadpool) and issue #87 (1st Cable). Anything else was free of charge, but I agree, that sort of thing is bad taste.

I've been to a lot of conventions and there are a number of people in the industry that charge per signature. Sometimes I would be waiting in line and find out right as I approached their table. Neal Adams charges about $10 a signature. Roy Thomas charged me $5 (and claimed that it all went to support the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, but I doubt it. He just put the cash in his pocket.), Stan Lee charges (but I suppose he can, being he is the Man), and I had to pay $5 for Jim Steranko, who happen to be one of the strangest people I have ever met at a convention. The guy thinks he is a total celebrity, dresses in suit and tie, walks around surrounded by security and will not allow any cameras near him.

Years ago you never saw this, but as comics become more mainstream I am starting to see the Hollywood culture/mentality start to invade the comic book conventions. These writers and artists get so full of hot air and praise that they start behaving like actors who need special treatment. Not everyone is like this but I am seeing it more every year.

Last edited April 30, 2014 10:14:19 pm
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Street Noise Books's Crazy Like a Fox: Adventures in Schizophrenia Soft Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Deadpool Issue # 44b
  • B3 Comics's Kicking Furry Ass Issue # 2
  • Dark Horse Comics's Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures Phase III - Crash Landing Issue # 1