feature requests

New Mutants #98 Deadpool Speculations. (Comic Book Forums)

• New Mutants #98 - Deadpool Speculations.

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 16, 2013 12:27:26 am
  • Not sure if people have been keeping tabs on this comic,
    but over the last two weeks VF copies have boosted from around the £60/70 to £109.

With talks of a Deadpool film coming out and his own video game this year, the prices have been slowly racking up.
    Not had time to look at what graded copies are going for yet,
    but on bids, it was ending at around £37/45 for a VF copy just over a month ago.

it's now surpassing the £50 mark, and shows signs of possibly climbing.

could definitely be worth watching this over the coming weeks for anyone with high grade copies,
    And for those who are looking for the possibility of an investment to come.
    For others looking to buy this comic, I'd suggest seeking it out now. Smile

Last edited January 16, 2013 10:40:08 am
  • Posted: January 16, 2013 11:48:58 pm
  • I picked my copy up back when it was worth only $15 and a week later the price started rising. I was on a Deadpool collecting "quest" for most of 2008. Good to see that it's worth $140 now. Very Happy

It seems like a lot of X-Books are gaining value though. Check out the Uncanny X-Men. Prices are rising on a whole bunch of issues.

Not sure why the price is rising though. The movie is in development limbo and the game is announced as coming out this year. It's just a matter of what month it's coming.

Last edited January 16, 2013 11:51:55 pm
  • Posted: January 17, 2013 12:26:59 am
  • Bought a copy just about a month ago.. lost a few bids on e-bay so I ended up buying the whole New Mutants series. Got a pretty good price on it. 98 is ungraded but seems to be in amazing condition. I'd say probably about vf to vf+
  • Posted: January 17, 2013 12:41:36 am
  • Been trying to collect the entire New Mutants Vol. 1 series minus the Annuals/Special since I've got them. I'm only missing 13 issues. Hopefully I can fill those gaps at the comicon.

Last edited January 17, 2013 12:43:52 am
  • Posted: January 17, 2013 9:35:04 am
  • venomouscarnage69 said:
    I picked my copy up back when it was worth only $15 and a week later the price started rising. I was on a Deadpool collecting "quest" for most of 2008. Good to see that it's worth $140 now. Very Happy

It seems like a lot of X-Books are gaining value though. Check out the Uncanny X-Men. Prices are rising on a whole bunch of issues.

Not sure why the price is rising though. The movie is in development limbo and the game is announced as coming out this year. It's just a matter of what month it's coming.

Yeah, I've been watching most of the uncanny series, but mostly keeping my eye on #266.
    That's been a bit of a creeper, but it's slowly rising.
    There's talks of a possible film for Gambit as well in the future. Which could explain it.
    The 'Uncanny X-Men Annual #14' is another slow mover, but it's definitely been moving.
    I bought my copy for about £3. And now for a VF/NM you're looking at around £16/18. Smile

Not seen a CGC 9.8 on EBay yet for #266, but a CGC 9.6 will cost you between £85/95.
    And a VF ungraded will cost you around £50/55.
    I bought mine for £17, and i would say it's around the VF mark.
    So fingers crossed. Haha. Laughing

Last edited January 17, 2013 9:37:49 am
  • Posted: January 17, 2013 4:27:16 pm
  • Yeah, picked up my Uncanny X-Men 266 when I was 13. It was a $60 comic back then. The price on that comic is like a roller coaster. The price is always going up or down.

I just hope that if a Gambit movie is made, the film rights to the X-Men are reverted back to Marvel. Fox has done a very poor job with the X-Men movies.
  • Posted: January 17, 2013 5:12:14 pm
  • uncanny x men has risen in price due to price updating, i have been going thru a lot of our core books and updating pricing, it's not necessarily because they are becoming hot, just updated to 9.4 asking price....
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
    Amazing Spider Man #78 - 1st Prowler
    Avengers #55 - 1st Ultron
    Amazing Spider Man #134 - 1st Tarantula, 2nd Punisher
    Avengers #196 - 1st full Taskmaster
  • Posted: January 18, 2013 12:18:08 am
  • Ah good to know.
  • Posted: January 24, 2014 3:04:31 pm
  • hopeforheroes said:
    Not sure if people have been keeping tabs on this comic,
    but over the last two weeks VF copies have boosted from around the £60/70 to £109.

With talks of a Deadpool film coming out and his own video game this year, the prices have been slowly racking up.
    Not had time to look at what graded copies are going for yet,
    but on bids, it was ending at around £37/45 for a VF copy just over a month ago.

it's now surpassing the £50 mark, and shows signs of possibly climbing.

could definitely be worth watching this over the coming weeks for anyone with high grade copies,
    And for those who are looking for the possibility of an investment to come.
    For others looking to buy this comic, I'd suggest seeking it out now. Smile

I believe they will continue to up for awhile until other people start to unload these. the market will be flooded again bringing the value lower eventually. This happens with high print runs of the modern comic world.
  • Posted: April 30, 2014 4:09:45 pm
  • I've got a copy of New Mutants #98. Was hoping to get it signed by Rob Liefeld a year ago but he was charging $25 just for signing that issue and decided it wasn't worth it. Signed my 2nd appearance of Deadpool (X-Force #2) for free though.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 64 years, 124 days, 10 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Zoo Arsonist Press's Clock! Issue # 1
  • Another Rainbow's Little Lulu Library Hard Cover # 1
  • AfterShock Comics's Maniac of New York: The Bronx is Burning Issue # 1c
  • Antarctic Press's Rags Issue # 1sdcc