feature requests

guardians of the galaxy heating up? (Comic Book Forums)

• guardians of the galaxy heating up?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 23, 2012 10:33:23 am
  • There was a preview for the new GOTG series starting march 2013 in the Marvel NOW Point One...It was short but sweet. Although deep down I would love DnA back on the title I am really looking forward to Bendis's take on the team.

I imagine Marvel Super Heroes 18 will be a good book to get your hands on with the new series and movie for 2014 I believe. The first issue of the 2008 series has also been going for around $20 on ebay.
  • Posted: November 22, 2012 8:59:02 am
  • i had the 2008 series #1 and sold it for pennies a while backk.
    now its going for about $30 or so on ebay
    big mistake on my end

i did pick up a marvel super heroes 18 and marvel presents 3-12, all guardian appearances for under $10.
    all in NM- and the MSH 18 was about a VG
  • Posted: January 12, 2013 3:33:40 pm
  • I was looking at this in the January Previews. Doesn't look like a lot of interest on ebay for pre-sales. I do see where a variant set sold for $99 (1:100, 1:50, Regular cover). Other than that, pretty quiet. Now that doesn't mean it won't erupt closer to the release of the movie. Wink
    fsjeter's John Romita Sr Spider Man Covers album on Photobucket
  • Posted: January 13, 2013 9:26:15 am
  • Last month I found a Guardians of the Galaxy #1 (200Cool in my comic shops back issues for $2.00. I'm glad I picked it up. I only bought it because I was thinking of collecting that entire series and I figured I'd get a start on it since they had #1.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
  • Posted: January 13, 2013 2:58:23 pm
  • Woo-wee! Wouldn't it have been nice to have bought a copy of that right before the movie was announced?
    For more news, reviews, and commentary, check out BatWatch.net
  • Posted: January 13, 2013 6:38:26 pm
  • Managed to pick up issues 4, 6-13 on craigslist a few days ago. I'm hoping I can find back issues of the rest of the issues at Fan Expo Vancouver. I regret not picking this series up when it was still hitting shelves.
  • Posted: January 14, 2013 12:16:31 pm
  • marvelous80 said:
    guardians of the galaxy heating up?
    their first appearance in marvel super heroes 18 has spiked up too $150 for a decent copy!

looks like the movie has sparked some interest!

I love Marvel's new Guardians of the Galaxy series! I saw this new issue that has the recently resurrected Kree warrior Captain Marvel on the front cover! Man, am I glad to be a fan of this book!
  • Posted: January 30, 2013 9:58:36 pm
  • Now why does this title get more excitement than Thanos extremely limited monthly title that ran for 12 issues from the mid-2000's? I'm just crying over sour milk. Brick wall
  • Posted: January 31, 2013 8:22:29 am
  • whetteon said:
    Now why does this title get more excitement than Thanos extremely limited monthly title that ran for 12 issues from the mid-2000's? I'm just crying over sour milk. Brick wall

Only Thanos stuff I can see really raising in price are Iron Man #55 (currently valued at $1k for a m/nm copy), Avengers Annual #7, Marvel Two-In-One Annual #2 Thanos Quest #1-2, the Infinity Gauntlet 6 issue event and quite possibly the upcoming Thanos Rising story line which will be focused on his origins. Thanos Rising hits shelves in April. It's going to be a 5 issue series.

Who knows though? Maybe once it gets closer to either the Guardians of the Galaxy or Avengers 2 movie release dates people will start scrambling to pick up anything with Thanos in it, thus raising value.
37 posts • Page 1 of 4
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman: Off-World Issue # 4d
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: Darth Vader Issue # 45
  • Marvel Comics's The Micronauts: The Original Marvel Years - Omnibus Hard Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's What If? Venom Issue # 3btc/ce