feature requests

How good are getting the Before Watchmen issues? (Comic Book Forums)

• How good are getting the Before Watchmen issues?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 19, 2012 1:00:18 pm
  • So, later of already a couple of issues of each Before Watchmen titles on the shelves...

Is it too early to say how good is really getting this Before Watchmen event?

How much real hip are they getting on readers? Is the big event as DC was hoping to create?

Do they need more issues out to shape an opinion?

"It seems where demons fail and monsters falter... angels may prevail."
  • Posted: August 19, 2012 1:17:12 pm
  • So far I've got ALL the #1s & 2s that are out & they are actually pretty good reading sofarVery Happy
  • Posted: August 20, 2012 5:38:51 pm
  • It's kind of early to tell. I think Minutemen is the only one that has had two outstanding issues. Silk Spectre had an okay first issue and great second issue. Comedian had a good first issue and a boring second issue. Ozymandias had a great first issue but the second felt like typical comic fare. The first issue of Rorshach was great. Possibly my favorite of the series so far.

And Nite Owl is just really bland and boring. Nothing new to the character or comics in general. I hope JMS does a better job with Dr. Manhattan.
  • Posted: August 20, 2012 5:54:06 pm
  • I haven't gotten Rorshach #1 yet so Idk & I HOPE Dr.Manhattan Does good. I'm SURE with JMS at the helm It'll turn out good ( I hope Laughing )
  • Posted: August 21, 2012 11:18:02 am
  • sonny_1313 said:
    It's kind of early to tell. I think Minutemen is the only one that has had two outstanding issues. Silk Spectre had an okay first issue and great second issue. Comedian had a good first issue and a boring second issue. Ozymandias had a great first issue but the second felt like typical comic fare. The first issue of Rorshach was great. Possibly my favorite of the series so far.

And Nite Owl is just really bland and boring. Nothing new to the character or comics in general. I hope JMS does a better job with Dr. Manhattan.

Great comments! Thanks to take your time to elaborate.
    "It seems where demons fail and monsters falter... angels may prevail."
  • Posted: August 21, 2012 11:46:56 am
  • YVW alesaenz Very Happy Cool Laughing
  • Posted: August 22, 2012 10:07:03 am
  • I love them. I think the Jim Lee variant covers are too hyped though. They have deflated to just $40-$50 each on ebay now. Big difference from $200 for a 1:200 variant. The last 2 Jim Lees for Dr Manhattan and Rorschach are still going for $80 but I think it's only because they just came out last week and this week.

My favorite of the series so far is Ozymandias. What an incredible story to tell. I agree that Nite Owl is bland and boring. Especially for a leader!?! Odd.

By the way, what is JLM? Too many abbreviations, people.

Last edited August 22, 2012 10:08:20 am
  • Posted: August 22, 2012 10:24:47 am
  • kaptainmyke said:
    I love them. I think the Jim Lee variant covers are too hyped though. They have deflated to just $40-$50 each on ebay now. Big difference from $200 for a 1:200 variant. The last 2 Jim Lees for Dr Manhattan and Rorschach are still going for $80 but I think it's only because they just came out last week and this week. My favorite of the series so far is Ozymandias. What an incredible story to tell. I agree that Nite Owl is bland and boring. Especially for a leader!?! Odd.By the way, what is JLM? Too many abbreviations, people.
    JLM? you mean JMS lol John Michael Strazinsky ...He's a writer (Spell Check on his last name)
  • Posted: August 22, 2012 11:26:36 am
  • kaptainmyke said:
    That's what I meant. Sorry. Thanks! Too early in the morning for me.

Lol yeah I know it is....Have some Java Laughing
15 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Aardvark-Vanaheim's Cerebus the Aardvark Issue # 1facsimile
  • Marvel Comics's Deadpool Issue # 45b
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 6
  • Viz Media's Mimi's Tales of Terror Hard Cover # 1