feature requests

Future Comic Book Investments (Comic Book Forums)

• Future Comic Book Investments

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 8, 2010 7:34:56 am
  • I'd say look for some back issues that are still affordable and already popular, especially Bronze issues. Golden Age and Silver Age are hard to find in high grades without a mortgage, but you can still find some deals on Bronze issues. Like Spidey, X-Men, Batman, Green Lantern, etc, some that have stood the test of time already.

Also any special key issues and key appearances. Not sure about variants, I think they will eventually start to lose value over time. Others like The Walking Dead are very hot now, but will probably come down some also as the market floods with them.

With the continuing movies of Iron Man, X-Men, Spidey, Avengers, Capt America, etc, these will probably continue to climb in interest.

But I also agree that you are better off buying books you do enjoy too. At least then you can enjoy your investment, even if it doesn't turn out to be a "gold mine".
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: June 9, 2010 2:29:20 am
  • Can't really add anything else that hasn't been said, if i had better knowledge and access of the industry during my speculating phase i'd have saved a lot of money and space!
    The newer books have the added problems of TPB in all manner being printed adding to what is available. If you add in digital distribution (which is a separate topic entirely) there isn't much real value in newer comic books. Unless there's a movie/tv tie-in or something else that raises its' profile.

The 50-60 year scenario would only work if paper becomes obsolete resulting in most people burning/recycling anything paper based including comics, bringing down numbers in circulation. This hopefully pushes it to rare state and some value despite being in a digital age.
    Sounds a bit far-fetched and knwoing book/comic readers collectors well we'll be clinging to our hobby kicking and screaming into whatever new fangled age there is.
  • Posted: June 10, 2010 2:25:47 am
  • arbogasts said:
    Joyus said:
    The 50-60 year scenario would only work if paper becomes obsolete resulting in most people burning/recycling anything paper based including comics, bringing down numbers in circulation. This hopefully pushes it to rare state and some value despite being in a digital age.
    Sounds a bit far-fetched and knwoing book/comic readers collectors well we'll be clinging to our hobby kicking and screaming into whatever new fangled age there is.

sounds like Fahrenheit 451

Lets hope they don't actually outlaw comic readers.
    Not collecting any more but I still enjoy comics now and then...
  • Posted: June 10, 2010 1:58:09 pm
  • It's funny, I would actually go underground for that, lol, dispite my general apathy.

Last edited June 10, 2010 1:58:50 pm
  • Posted: June 12, 2010 3:51:12 am
  • weinreich said:
    arbogasts said:
    Joyus said:

sounds like Fahrenheit 451

Lets hope they don't actually outlaw comic readers.

In the unlikely event that it does, you guys can be part of my underground militia to rebel against the government.
  • Posted: June 15, 2010 8:38:25 am
  • I know for me I like to collect the new books for the stories and not the value, and if they are worth money in the future then great. You can never predict what will happen 50-60 years. For Value I collect the 60 's 70's and early 80's books. This way the hobby is balanced and I am having fun looking for key issues and good stories.Wink
    I'm over worked and under paid, But never to poor for Comics!!! Check out my new website !!!
    www.kozscomicreview.webs.com
  • Posted: June 15, 2010 9:49:23 pm
  • To me, it's not what it's worth, it's what you love makes it most valuable.But if Ipicked a recent issue, it would be AsM 583B. (which I do own) 1st ish with the 1st african american president who loves comics no less. It's history and worth getting for long term investment.
  • Posted: June 16, 2010 6:38:20 am
  • I tell you whats a terrible investment now is baseball cards. Unless you have something incredibly rare. I have boxes and boxes of cards that i don't think are worth anything.
46 posts • Page 1 of 5
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Titan Comics's Blade Runner 2039 Issue # 12c
  • Dark Horse Comics's Dudley Datson and the Forever Machine Issue # 1e
  • IDW Publishing's Golgotha Motor Mountain Issue # 2
  • DC Comics's Titans Issue # 10c