feature requests

Entire volumes need renaming (Fathom/Soulfire) (Comic Book Forums)

• Entire volumes need renaming (Fathom/Soulfire)

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 12, 2022 7:00:24 pm
  • The "Totally incorrect" series' have been corrected.

As I looked into the others, I realize that "Michael Turner's" is included in the indicia of most of the Aspen series. CBR lists series' based on the indicia to avoid any irregularities, so I have gone through all the Fathom's and updated them accordingly as per the indicia of each series. If you see anything amiss, let us know.

I will go through the Soulfires next.
  • Posted: May 12, 2022 8:25:48 pm
  • I think it's a waste of time/effort and not sure why it needed to changed after all these years. Now a plethora of titles have been tossed into the M section for the publisher. Rolling Eyes

If you feel this needs to be something that collectors want, organizing fanatics that we are, then go all out and capture every Fathom under Top Cow and Aspen MLT.

I seriously mean this...who said this was a good idea?
    Biggest Michael Turner cover collection on site.
  • Posted: May 12, 2022 8:30:42 pm
  • Hang on here, Cosmo is correct in doing what he is doing, that is why he is a mod and he is following the rules set forth by the owner of the site. We list things VIA the indica so that ANYONE can find said books... you can plop them and organize them however you want in your piles, but listings need to be consistant across the board...

just because the other mods dont collect or thought/knew these were wrong and they were left incorrect all this time, doesnt mean it shouldnt be fixed if he does the research and finds they are wrong...

Last edited May 12, 2022 8:32:16 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: May 12, 2022 8:42:17 pm
  • And it's because of how self-righteous most of you act (you specifically) is why I never followed through with dough boy on becoming a mod a few years back.

Since you jumped in AS USUAL, take a look at most of the titles anyway. There's so many errors that when I point out an organizing fumble, you feel just to tell me I'm incorrect with my 25 years of collecting this mans work. If you can easily attack someone with always stating "just cause you do doesn't mean mean we do...", maybe you should appreciate a collectors efforts to help out with a FREE comic site.

Have him grab EVERY Fathom title and make the change.
  • Posted: May 12, 2022 9:07:58 pm
  • take care lol and i will step in when ppl are attacking mods when they are doing what they are supposed to....stop trying to bully everyone lolRolling Eyes

do your thing Cosmo...

also gotta say, not sure what was so "self-righteous" about what i said, but your sense of entitlement is astonishing lol...

Last edited May 12, 2022 9:22:42 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: May 12, 2022 10:29:27 pm
  • Zombie, you think this is the first time you've done this? I just KNEW you'd jump in and do your greater than thou nonsense. Nothing changes.

You carry yourself around this site in the greatest display of what being SMUG is. You're a regular Captain know it all who expects those who aren't mods to bow down to you. Rolling Eyes
  • Posted: May 13, 2022 7:55:07 am
  • There was a logical explanation for WHY it changed. We are mapping our comics to CGC's database. They list the series with Michael Turner's. So as a series comes up to map I change it to map (since it is semi-automated). I don't personally care one way or another how it is listed on CBR. However, we generally list based on indicia.

Kanji you are welcome to ask why, but HOW you ask is important. We are all for the help and suggestions, but you come off as arrogant, and abrasive.

No one is attacking you. We have stated what the RULES are for the site so things can remain consistent. If we didn't do this it could end up like the wild west. Just because AZ is telling you our rules (again) doesn't mean he is captain, holier than thou, or asking for others to bow down to him.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: May 13, 2022 8:27:34 am
  • I did admittedly get my feathers ruffled from seeing the change and reacted in an abrasive manner. 25 years means passion is involved. I spent time getting that "digital longbox" together and spent more time helping with sorting some stuff on the site. Aside from physically checking, this site is always a quick reference.

As a non-mod, we have to compile a report to appease the mods for a change and then wait. Whereas, if you are a mod, you just make the change and move on. I asked to help out years ago, but I was told I needed to commit like it was a job and I just wanted to dip in every now and then. I would've helped with any series on the site, not just those that interest me.

I will always flare up with AZ because I see this mod tout himself as the "end all, say all" right out the gate and when he's proven wrong, which happens frequently...he then turns into a likeable person. You're the best of the bunch, dough, if you interjected first, I would have discussed it in the way you said I failed to. But AZ...fella loves to puff his chest out instead of deescalate. Hear people out before getting all condescending with us. The forum is littered with this behavior.

Lastly, it would be beneficial if they were titled:
    Fathom, Michael Turner's: etcetera
    Soulfire, Michael Turner's: etcetera

Yes, the man's name is on it, but the community doesn't even state the indicia when referencing the books, neither does his company.
  • Posted: May 13, 2022 9:01:06 am
  • I personally don't like creator's names as part of the title. Like I said, the only reason I made the change was so that it would make my job easier (and probably technically follows the indicia). What really sucks is if you have a few series with his name, but 1 that doesn't (even though on the cover).

From my needs, Fathom, Michael Turner's or Fathom (Michael Turner's) would work for mapping, and technically would allow us to follow the indicia. The reason we do this is it is official, but we can tell people don't search by what is on the cover, just the indicia. But if we didn't have his name at all that breaks the logic/rule.

We all have our quirks, and should all be given the benefit of the doubt. Reading just this chain I cannot see where AZ did anything wrong. Maybe if you have had a prior experience that could have led to this. However, I believe every day is a new day. We can all agree to disagree. If you disagree with what a Mod has said, you or they are always welcome to ask for other Mod's or myself to weigh in.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
20 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Dark Horse Comics's Helen of Wyndhorn Issue # 2c
  • Dada Gumbo Press's History and Techniques of Surrealism Issue nn
  • IDW Publishing's In Perpetuity Soft Cover # 1
  • Ben and Don Chin's Overload Issue # 5