feature requests

Pink Panther Gold Key / Whitman (Comic Book Forums)

• Pink Panther - Gold Key / Whitman

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 13, 2020 1:35:16 pm
  • Can you please update Pink Panther. Whitman's first issue began with Issue #74 in July 1980. Most of the other Whitman, post Gold Key, publications are separated out. Pink Panther seems to have been overlooked. Thanks
  • Posted: February 13, 2020 2:57:45 pm
  • Not sure what you are saying, do you want #74 up moved to its own title?

If you look #74 up all have the Whitman logo on the cover...if you want you can edit the description to read Whitman Variant...
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: February 13, 2020 6:14:37 pm
  • 74 and up are not variants/reprints of the earlier Gold Key. Mattel, the toy company purchased Whitman from Western Publishing in late 1979. Upon which Whitman stopped publishing under Gold Key, in the Spring of 1980. If you check the other Whitman runs, as example, The Road Runner, or Pink Panther. CBR has broken these out from Gold Key to Whitman to reflect this change in 1980. This seems to have been over looked on this title. Just looking for some consistency. Move from Gold Key as publisher to Whitman as publisher, 74 and up. Gold Key no longer exists as an entity in 1980. Issues dates of January and February 1980 still bear the Gold Key imprint because they shipped in November/December 1979. After issue #74 they have the Whitman Logo, because under Mattel they no longer published as Gold Key. Hope that explains it well enough. I know its confusing, technically, Whitman, publishing since the 1900's was the owner of Gold Key. Having created Gold Key in 1962, but I am sure nobody wants to switch that around.
  • Posted: February 14, 2020 11:18:07 am
  • So you want it moved to its own listing?
    I'll see if DB can move the batch at one time.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: February 15, 2020 12:44:16 am
  • Yes, 74 and up to Whitman as Publisher, would be consistent with the other titles. Thanks. I am sure DB is pretty busy, no rush, likely be months before I get another one, 74+ to add.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's Feral Issue # 1e
  • Harry N. Abrams Books's Here Comes Charlie Brown! A Peanuts Pop-Up Hard Cover # 1
  • Rebellion's Judge Dredd Megazine Issue # 466
  • DC Comics's Poison Ivy Issue # 21krs-a