feature requests

Marvel Corrections – Series Titles (Comic Book Forums)

• Marvel Corrections – Series Titles

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 7, 2019 3:07:57 pm
  • As I am going through and cataloguing my collection, and add new issues, I thought it be useful to note down corrections needed in the CBR database. This way, the database can become just a little more accurate. As it is laborious, I’ll submit one per quarter.

Here are some corrections I have noted down in regards to Series Titles

SERIES TITLES
    Assumption: A series title should (as far as possible) be labelled in CBR as per the series indicia. The exceptions would be:
    • Where the indicia changes title name within a clearly defined series
    • Where the indicia is inconsistent or capricious
    • Where it is obvious that the title of the series should be as per the cover, not the indicia

The following series require correction to their titles:
    • Avengers: Finale (2004) Marvel Comics. The indicia has no colon in the title, simply ‘Avengers Finale’
    • Cable: Blood and Metal (1992) Marvel Comics. The indicia has a dash in the title rather than a colon, i.e. ‘Cable – Blood and Metal’
    • Captain Savage and his Leatherneck Raiders (1968-1970) Marvel Comics. The indicia actually has the same abbreviation as on the cover, i.e. ‘Capt. Savage and his Leatherneck Raiders’
    • Defenders Vol. 1 (1972-1986) Marvel Comics. Interestingly, the indicia for issue 147 actually has the title as ‘Sgt. Fury and his Howling Defenders’, and one could argue that this issue therefore should be listed as its own title with a jump-link from issue 146, and then back again for 148
    • Incomplete Death’s Head (1993) Marvel UK. The indicia has the word ‘The’ in the title: ‘The Incomplete Death’s Head’. This is of course also visible on the cover
    • Marvel Age: Fantastic Four (2004-2005) Marvel Comics. The indicia does not have a colon in the title, simply: ‘Marvel Age Fantastic Four’
    • The Mighty Thor Vol. 2 (2016-201Cool Marvel Comics. There is no ‘The’ in the indicia, simply ‘Mighty Thor’
    • Omega the Unknown Vol. 2 (2007-200Cool Marvel Comics. The indicia has a colon in the name, ‘Omega: The Unknown’
    • Tek World (1992-1995) Epic Comics. The indicia has the title as one word, i.e. ‘Tekworld’
    • X-Men: True Friends (1999) Marvel Comics. The indicia does not have a colon in the title, simply ‘X-Men True Friends’

Remaining from Q2 2019 (posted 22 June, 2019):
    • Avengers: The Coming Of The Avengers (2012) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title as ‘Avengers 1: The Coming Of The Avengers!’
    • Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics – Ultimates (2014) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title simply as ‘Cataclysm: Ultimates’
    • Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics – X-Men (2014) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title simply as ‘Cataclysm: Ultimate X-Men’
    • Civil War II: The Fallen (2016) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title simply as ‘The Fallen’, i.e. there is no ‘Civil War II’ in the title
    • Dark Reign: All-New Savage She-Hulk (2009) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title merely as ‘Savage She-Hulk’, and/or ‘All-New Savage She-Hulk’, depending upon which issue you look at. But neither of them have ‘Dark Reign’ in the title
    • The Dark Tower: Fall Of Gilead (2009-2010) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title spelled slightly different, with the word ‘The’ in a different place: ‘Dark Tower: The Fall Of Gilead’
    • The Defenders: The Coming Of The Defenders (2012) Marvel Comics. The indicia does not have the first ‘The’, i.e. the title should be: ‘Defenders: The Coming Of The Defenders’
    • Defenders / Avengers: X-Sanction Preview (2012) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title as ‘Defenders / Avengers: X-Sanction Preview Book (Bundles Of 25)’. Also, you have the issue as ‘nn’, however the indicia has it as No. 1
    • Hawkeye and Mockingbird (2010-2011) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the symbol ‘&’ in the title, not the word ‘and’: ‘Hawkeye & Mockingbird’. This is of course also clearly visible on the covers
    • Hulk Chronicles (2008-2009) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title slightly different: ‘Hulk Chronicles: WWH’
    • Hulk: Team-Up (2009) Marvel Comics. The indicia does not have a colon in the title, simply: ‘Hulk Team-Up’
    • Hulk / Power Pack (2007) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title spelled slightly different: ‘Hulk And Power Pack’
    • Hulk vs The Thing (1999) Marvel Comics. The title in the indicia does not have the word ‘The’, simply ‘Hulk vs. Thing’
    • The Incredible Hulk Vol. 1 (1968-1999) Marvel Comics. Annual 1998 is actually a separate one-shot. The indicia has the name as ‘Hulk / Sub-Mariner ‘98’. And, the UPC barcode is different to that of the Hulk series. As such, it should be listed as a separate One-Shot title.
    • The Incredible Hulk Vol. 2 (2000-200Cool Marvel Comics. The indicia does not have the word ‘The’ in the title, simply ‘Incredible Hulk’
    • The Incredible Hulk Vol. 3 (2011-2012) Marvel Comics. The indicia does not have the word ‘The’ in the title, simply ‘Incredible Hulk’
    • The Incredible Hulk Vol. 4 (2017-201Cool Marvel Comics. The indicia does not have the word ‘The’ in the title, simply ‘Incredible Hulk’
    • The Incredible Hulk / Hercules Unleashed (1996) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title spelled slightly different: ‘Incredible Hulk: Hercules Unleashed’
    • The Incredible Hulk vs Venom (1994) Marvel Comics. The indicia does not have the word ‘The’ in the title, simply: ‘Incredible Hulk vs. venom’
    • The Incredible Hulks: Enigma Force (2010-2011) Marvel Comics. The indicia does not have a ‘The’ in the title. Simply ‘Incredible Hulks: Enigma Force’
    • Iron Man Vol. 4 (2005-2009) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title as ‘The Invincible Iron Man’
    • Knights Of Pendragon Vol. 2 (1992-1993) Marvel UK. The indicia has the title simply as ‘Pendragon’
    • Magician Apprentice (2006-2007) Marvel Comics. The indicia has a colon in the title, i.e. ‘Magician: Apprentice’
    • Magik Vol. 1 (1983-1984) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title as ‘Magik (Illyana And Storm Limited Series)’
    • Marvel Adventures: Hulk (2007-200Cool Marvel Comics. The indicia has no colon in the title, simply: ‘Marvel Adventures Hulk’
    • Marvel Legacy: Previews Spotlight (2017) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title as ‘Legacy Free Previews Spotlight’
    • Marvel Must Have: Hulk – Red Hulk (200Cool Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title slightly different: ‘Hulk: Red Hulk Must Have’
    • Marvel Previews Vol. 1 (2003-2012) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title as ‘Marvel Catalog’
    • Marvel Saga (1985-1987) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title as ‘The Marvel Saga: The Official History Of The Marvel Universe’
    • Marvel Spotlight: The Incredible Hulk (200Cool Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title as: ‘Marvel Spotlight: Hulk Movie’
    • Marvel Spotlight: Marvel Zombies (2007) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title as ‘Marvel Spotlight: Marvel Zombies / Mystic Arcana’
    • Marvel Tales (1964-1995) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title as: ‘Marvel Tales Featuring Spider-Man’
    • Marvel Your Universe Saga (200Cool Marvel Comics. The indicia has a colon in the title ‘Marvel: Your Universe Saga’
    • The Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe (2004) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title slightly different, omitting ‘The’ and including the year: ‘Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe: Book Of The Dead 2004’
    • The Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe: Fantastic Four (2005) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title slightly different, omitting ‘The’ and including the year: ‘Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe: Fantastic Four 2005’
    • The Official Handbook Of The Ultimate Marvel Universe: The Ultimates & X-Men (20015) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title slightly different, omitting ‘The’ and including the year: ‘Official Handbook Of The Ultimate Marvel Universe: The Ultimates & X-Men 2005’
    • Punisher: War Journal Vol. 1 (1988-1995) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title spelled slightly different: ‘The Punisher War Journal’
    • Razorline (1993) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title as: ‘Razorline The First Cut’
    • Realm of Kings: Imperial Guard (2010) Marvel Comics. The indicia does not have a colon in the title, simply ‘Realm Of Kings Imperial Guard’
    • Red Hulk: Fall Of The Hulks (2010) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title the other way round, i.e.: ‘Fall Of The Hulks: Red Hulk’
    • Revolutionary War (2014) Marvel Comics. You have the eight issues in this series listed as separate titles, when in fact they are all one series. This is evident as they all have the same barcode: 59606-07993; they all have sequential barcode extension: 00111, 00211, 00311 etc; each issue (from number 2) start with ‘Previously…’, and end with ‘Next Issue:’; the first issue is titled ‘Alpha’ and the last ‘Omega’, the last issue state on the cover ‘Final issue in an 8-part epic’, etc. The titles, and running order, are:
    o Revolutionary War: Alpha
    o Revolutionary War: Dark Angel
    o Revolutionary War: Knights Of Pendragon
    o Revolutionary War: Death’s Head II
    o Revolutionary War: Supersoldiers
    o Revolutionary War: Motormouth
    o Revolutionary War: Warheads
    o Revolutionary War: Omega
    • Secret Wars: Armor Wars (2015) Marvel Comics. This title is a duplicate, as issue ½ also exist under Armor Wars (2015). As such, issue ½ should be deleted altogether, and issue ½B transferred to the Armor Wars title
    • Ultimate Avengers 3 (2010-2011) Ultimate Marvel. The indicia does not have the number 3 in the title, simply: ‘Ultimate Avengers’
    • Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates (2011-2013) Ultimate Marvel. The indicia has the title spelled slightly different: ‘Ultimate Comics Ultimates’
    • The Ultimates 2 (2005-2007) Ultimate Marvel. The title has no ‘The’ in the indicia, merely: ‘Ultimates 2’
    • What If…? Vol. 1 (1977-1984) Marvel Comics. There are no dots in the title in the indicia, simply: ‘What If?’
    • What If…? General Ross had Become the Hulk (2005) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title slightly different: ‘What If General Ross Had Become The Hulk?’
    • Wolverine: Origins (2006-2010) Marvel Comics. The title in the indicia does not have a colon, simply: ‘Wolverine Origins’
    • World War Hulk: Aftersmash! (200Cool Marvel Comics. There is no exclamation point in the title in the indicia, simply: ‘World War Hulk: Aftersmash’
    • World War Hulk: Aftersmash! – Damage Control (200Cool Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title spelled slightly different: ‘WWH Aftersmash: Damage Control’
    • World War Hulk: Aftersmash! – Warbound (200Cool Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title spelled slightly different: ‘WWH Aftersmash: Warbound’
    • World War Hulks: Classified (2010) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title simply as ‘World War Hulks’, i.e. no ‘Classified’ in the title

Remaining from Q1 2019 (posted 28 April, 2019):
    • There is a title called ‘Marvel’s Greatest Comics’. There is a Vol. 1 of this title (1969-1981). However, you have the issues for Vol. 2 split between different titles. They should be listed as its own series labelled ‘Marvel’s Greatest Comics’ Vol. 2. I have so far found 21 issues that can be found in CBR in other series (listed alphabetically below). According to the indicia, they all have the acronym ‘MGC’ in their titles, e.g. ‘Hulk MGC’.
    o Agents of Atlas Vol. 1 (2006-2007) Marvel Comics. Issue 1B
    o Alias (2001-2003) Max Comics. Issue 1GREATEST
    o The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 (1963-1998, 2003-2014) Marvel Comics. Issue 546GREATEST
    o Captain America Vol. 5 (2004-2009) Marvel Comics. Issue 1GREATEST
    o Captain America: Reborn (2009-2010) Marvel Comics. Issue 1GREATEST
    o Civil War Vol. 1 (2006-2007) Marvel Comics. Issue 1GREATEST
    o Daredevil Vol. 2 (1998-2009) Marvel Knights. Issue 26GREATEST
    o The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born (2007) Marvel Comics. Issue 1GREATEST
    o Deadpool Vol. 2 (2008-2012) Marvel Comics. Issue 1GREATEST
    o Fantastic Four Vol. 1 (1961-1996, 2003-2012, 2015, 201Cool Marvel Comics. Issue 570GREATEST
    o House of M Vol. 1 (2005-2006) Marvel Comics. Issue 1GREATEST
    o Hulk Vol. 3 (2008-2012) Marvel Comics. Issue 1GREATEST
    o Invincible Iron Man Vol. 1 (2008-2012) Marvel Comics. Issue 1GREATEST
    o Marvel Zombies Vol. 1 (2006-2007) Marvel Comics. Issue 1GREATEST
    o Marvel 1602 (2003-2004) Marvel Knights. Issue 1B
    o The New Avengers Vol. 1 (2005-2010) Marvel Comics. Issue 1GREATEST
    o New X-Men Vol. 1 (2001-2004) Marvel Comics. Issue 114GREATEST
    o The Punisher Vol. 7 (2004-2009) Max Comics. Issue 1GREATEST
    o Thor Vol. 3 (2007-2009) Marvel Comics. Issue 1GREATEST
    o Wolverine Vol. 3 (2003-2009) Marvel Comics. Issue 66GREATEST
    o The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz (2008-2010) Marvel Illustrated. Issue 1GREATEST

Remaining from Q1 2019: (posted 30 March, 2019):
    • Avengers Millennium (2015) Marvel Comics. The indicia has a colon in the title, i.e. ‘Avengers: Millennium’
    • Avengers Prelude: Fury’s Big Week (2012) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title as ‘Marvel’s The Avengers Prelude: Fury’s Big Week’
    • A+X (plus) (2012-2014) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title as ‘A+X’, i.e. the (plus) should be removed
    • Clandestine Vol. 2 (200Cool Marvel Comics. The name of the team, and therefore the series, is spelled ‘ClanDestine’, not ‘Clandestine’. This is clearly outlined on the covers of both volumes
    • Darkhold (1992-1994) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title as ‘Darkhold: Pages From The Book Of Sins’. This is also clearly visible on the covers
    • The Defenders: From the Vault (2011) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title as ‘Defenders: From the Marvel Vault’
    • Generations: Banner Hulk & Totally Awesome Hulk (2017) Marvel Comics. The indicia has a ‘The’ in the title, i.e. ‘Generations: Banner Hulk & The Totally Awesome Hulk’
    • G.I. Joe: Special Missions Vol. 1 (1986-1989) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title as simply ‘Special Missions’, i.e. no ‘G.I. Joe’
    • Groo the Wanderer (1985-1994) Epic Comics. The indicia has the title as the full ‘Sergio Aragone’s Groo the Wanderer’
    • Guardians of the Galaxy & X-Men: Black Vortex Omega (2015) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the word ‘The’ included in the title. I.e. ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy & X-Men: The Black Vortex Omega’
    • Marvel Action: Avengers (201Cool IDW Publishing. The indicia has the title merely as ‘Avengers’, i.e. the ‘Marvel Action’ should be removed.
    • Marvels Comics Group: History Of Marvels. The indicia has the title as ‘The History Of Marvels Comics’
    • Marvel 2(Two)-In-One (2018-Present) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title as ‘Marvel 2-In-One’, i.e. the (Two) should be removed
    • Pirates Of Dark Water (1991-1992) Marvel Comics. The indicia has ‘The’ in the title, i.e. ‘The Pirates Of Dark Water’
    • Skaar, Son Of Hulk (2008-2009) Marvel Comics. The indicia has a colon instead of a comma in the title, i.e. ‘Skaar: Son Of Hulk’
    • Skaar, Son Of Hulk Presents: Savage World Of Sakaar (200Cool Marvel Comics. The indicia has slightly different symbols in the title ‘Skaar: Son Of Hulk Presents – Savage World Of Sakaar’
    • The Darkness / Hulk (2004) Top Cow. The indicia has the title as ‘The Darkness / The Incredible Hulk’
    • Thor (The Mighty) Vol. 1 (1966-1996, 2009-2011) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title simply as ‘Thor’. I.e. (The Mighty) should be removed.
    • Warlock (Douglock) (1999-2000) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title a ‘Warlock’, i.e. the (Douglock) should be removed
    • X-Men / Fantastic Four (X4) (2005) Marvel Comics. The indicia has the title as ‘X-Men / Fantastic Four’, i.e. the (X4) should be removed
    • X-Men: Phoenix Endsong (2005) Marvel Comics. The indicia has a dash (-) between Phoenix and Endsong (Phoenix – Endsong)
1 post • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable Issue # 5
  • Marvel Comics's Edge of Spider-Verse Issue # 2e
  • Marvel Comics's Rogue Issue # 5
  • Papercutz's The Sisters: 3 in 1 Soft Cover # 2