feature requests

Punisher 218 Legacy Relaunch (Comic Book Forums)

• Punisher 218 - Legacy Relaunch

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 20, 2017 1:21:46 pm
  • Punisher 218, the Marvel Legacy renumbered relaunch, is listed under the 2014-2015 Punisher volume 10. I'm not sure I understand why.

Shouldn't this be under vol. 2, the 1987 series?

Other Marvel relaunch books stayed with their current volume on the site, and some reverted to older volumes, but this one was kinda random.

Thanks.
    When you argue with an idiot, that's just two idiots arguing.

-Peter Steele
  • Posted: November 20, 2017 2:09:17 pm
  • as like with the Venom series, the legacy renumbering continued the current story, not the one from Vol. 2, which is why its listed where it is...

at least that is my assumption. I dont add new new books (except the ones from the missing forum) to the system...the other guys do, i am typically adding the promotional and hard to find stuff...

Last edited November 20, 2017 3:06:39 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: November 20, 2017 2:50:20 pm
  • Well, then like venom, shouldn't it have stayed with volume 11, which left off last month, rather than volume 10, which ended over two years ago?

I follow your logic, but I think it was placed it in the wrong volume.

Last edited November 20, 2017 2:53:52 pm

-Peter Steele
  • Posted: November 20, 2017 3:34:33 pm
  • as i said i do not add the new stuff, but my answer to your question is yes i suppose if thats where the story continues from. I myself do not read Punisher, can you confirm that the story continues from the newest or the 2nd series?

Last edited November 20, 2017 3:34:55 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: November 20, 2017 4:06:29 pm
  • Hopefully this helps to clear this up:

Punisher 218 is cover dated January of 2018. It hit the rack November 15th of 2017.

It is listed under Punisher volume 10, (2014-2015, 2018 which started with issue #1 cover date April 2014, and ended with issue 20, cover date September 2015.
    https://comicbookrealm.com/series/35103/0/the-punisher

Punisher volume 11(2016-2017) began with issue #1, cover date June 2016, and ended with issue 17, cover date December of 2017. Issue 17 hit the stands in October of 2017, last month.
    https://comicbookrealm.com/series/43353/0/the-punisher

Logically, Punisher 218 should follow issue 17 of volume 11, as they shipped less than one month apart.

Punisher 218 has no connection to volume 10 that ended over 2 years ago.

Alternatively, if you follow Marvel's convoluted Legacy numbering, you could put it under volume 2 as well, but I think volume 11 makes more sense as it is an uninterrupted run of the same book.

I apologize for my OCD and appreciate your patience. i think whoever added it missed it by one volume.

Thanks

-Peter Steele
  • Posted: November 20, 2017 4:40:29 pm
  • lol i have my own OCD moments lol....ok so it belongs under the newest run then...let me see what itll take to fix...
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: November 21, 2017 12:02:19 pm
  • Beautiful. Thanks so much for the fast response, and keep up the good work.

-Peter Steele
  • Posted: November 21, 2017 12:30:11 pm
  • Very Happy
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Edge of Spider-Verse Issue # 2d
  • Marvel Comics's Edge of Spider-Verse Issue # 2lee-b
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 6
  • Image Comics's Monstress Issue # 50