feature requests

Death's Head II variant cover for issue 1A dissapeared (Comic Book Forums)

• Death's Head II variant cover for issue 1A dissapeared

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 23, 2017 7:45:32 am
  • I uploaded the missing variant cover last night and now when i look there is only one version of issue #1. What happened to issue 1B and the cover i uploaded?

https://comicbookrealm.com/series/559/0/deaths-head-ii

sorry for the typo, it appears i cannot fix the title, disappeared.

Last edited May 23, 2017 8:44:15 am
  • Posted: May 23, 2017 8:45:38 am
  • I found an email in my spam folder saying it was rejected but since it does not say what the reason was I am supposed to guess. I had a tough time getting it under the file size of 500KB and without an a canned it could be one of these reasons I give up. I will not resubmit the missing cover.
  • Posted: May 23, 2017 8:36:49 pm
  • ok...breath and count to 3....first of all i dont know what it is you are talking about...secondly what is this variant? is it a price variant, a language variant? the cover most likely got rejected because of the outside edges showing or because it was branded (has a different comic website embedded into the cover) both of which we reject on a daily basis to many different submittals...

as per the sizing it is really quite simple...right click on the image file and open with paint...you can fully edit the edges separately and the size of the image as well...it comes standard on all computers...no need for illustrator or photoshop...

Last edited May 23, 2017 8:40:02 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: May 24, 2017 6:47:38 am
  • thanks, i am better now.

When i first tried to upload the cover it said too large, but then i got it under 500K and only received an awaiting approval notice. I got an email saying it was rejected but not specifically why.

I did find the issue, it is no longer a variant of the Vol 2 series but considered a one shot. It also has the cover with an upload date of 2008 so maybe this one shot was always there and the issue 1A variant was a mistake.

https://comicbookrealm.com/series/557/0/deaths-head-ii-gold

I am glad we got this taken care of for a comic only myself and a handful of people loved!

• Posted: May 24, 2017 8:24:57 am
  • Chances are they were merged into the One-Shot...I was doing some corrections last week and merging duplicate issues, but I don't recall doing this one.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: May 24, 2017 8:59:57 pm
  • awesome...glad everything worked out...

for future reference on submitting cover scans...

make sure all edges are showing the cover only, no background (first thing we look at lol)
    then make sure it is not branded (ex. mycomicshop.com cover scans have the website name in the bottom right corner)
    obviously it defaults for the size, so that is not something we as mods control

if you notice the current scans in the system, we like to keep scans clean...thats really all...those are the 3 "main" things we look at before approving or denying a submittal. personally i hate denying them (especially for like 1 edge) because i know how hard some of these covers are to find, and the amount of time each take to prep for submittal...but at the same time i need to follow the guidelines set fourth so that we have a clean presentable scan for everyone to see and use...

Last edited May 24, 2017 9:09:19 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Papercutz's Double Booking TPB # 1
  • DC Comics's The Brave and the Bold Issue # 54facsimile-c
  • DC Comics's Titans Issue # 10f
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4aequitas