feature requests

Eight Billion Genies (Comic Book Forums)

• Eight Billion Genies

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 16, 2022 8:00:32 am
  • I have a copy on my desk. 🤷‍♂️
  • Posted: July 4, 2022 12:40:45 pm
  • More info on this...

Apparently the book I picked up was actually recalled, and is being referred to as an error variant. Retailers were supposed to pull it from shelves but my LCS was slacking.

They re-released the book as a non-error variant 2 weeks later.

I'm not really sure what the error is. I've been trying to figure that out, but not a lot of luck so far. Should there be a second line entry for the error variant though?
  • Posted: July 4, 2022 1:56:03 pm
  • Added. Speculation seems to be due to dark printing. Can you confirm with your copy?
  • Posted: July 4, 2022 4:08:55 pm
  • Sure, I can take some pictures of my copy... is the dark printing on the inside, on the cover, or where? Happy to do whatever, but no idea what I'm looking for.
  • Posted: July 4, 2022 5:03:36 pm
  • Do not know. I would think it would stand out seeing it was bad enough to be recalled.
  • Posted: July 6, 2022 2:09:38 pm
  • So when I went to my LCS today, I tried to pick up a new #2 copy to compare it to the one that got recalled, but they unfortunately still only had the recalled one up on the shelf. Laughing

I have no idea what was too dark with this print. All of the interior pages looked really good to me. I took a few pictures, but I don't think they'd be helpful at all unfortunately.
  • Posted: July 9, 2022 10:43:20 am
  • My LCS went page for page between the recalled and replacement issues and didn't spot anything glaring. It must be pretty subtle.
  • Posted: July 9, 2022 10:46:36 am
  • It's possible that not every book from the print run was affected.
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 65 years, 221 days, 11 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Avengers 1,000,000 B.C. Issue # 1c
  • Believe In Comics's Doc Unknown Issue # 4
  • DC Comics's Duo Issue # 4
  • Robot Publishing Co.'s Howdy Partner Issue # 2