feature requests

Spider Gwen #1 (Vol. 1 2015) and Invincible Iron Man #1 (Vol. 2 2015) blank variant first print, missing (Comic Book Forums)

• Spider-Gwen #1 (Vol. 1 2015) and Invincible Iron Man #1 (Vol. 2 2015) - blank variant first print, missing

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 23, 2021 12:38:06 pm
  • so you would like us to essentially list a coverless book as an error? i cannot do that in good faith to the community, i am sorry...i own multiple blank covers and they all have a cover much like that with no barcodes, as another interior cover...

i think people are getting scammed here...

straight from your link

"I wonder if the subscription copy is without the title because the one I got in the store is different in this respect. The cover has the title but it is printed on heavier stock of paper and it's a wraparound cover. The first page on the inside of my copy looks like his title-less cover and it's on normal stock paper."

Marvel themselves stopped doing mail out subscriptions a long time ago, so im assuming this gentlemen's subscription is coming from a 3rd party source...

I suppose the error could be sending books out without a cover, but does that really add a premium? If it does, i have a plethora of coverless books id love to get a premium for lol...Also if that is the error, can we really track that? I mean i can easily go and cut off the outer cover of the same books and claim error...so to me if it can be easily duplicated, it's not really an error worth any more value then a coverless book, so it would not merit inclusion to our library...

Last edited February 23, 2021 1:09:03 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Tales of Suspense #94 CGC 3.5 - 1st M.O.D.O.K.
    Super Villain Team-Up #5 - 1st Shroud (Doom Cover!!)
    Sub-Mariner #47 - Doom Cover!!
    Thor #392 - 1st Kevin Masterson, Quicksand (Mark Jewelers)
    Amazing Heroes #90 - Doom Cover!! vs Magneto
    Doctor Strange #381 - 1st Bats the Ghost Hound
    TMNT Last Ronin #2 - 1st Casey Marie Jones, Death of Raphael, Splinter
    Unstoppable Wasp #1 - 2nd Printing (HTF)
  • Posted: February 23, 2021 1:14:18 pm
  • Agreed that it may essentially be a coverless book, but if it was manufactured that way, then could it be considered an error variant? I guess your question goes to whether it was manufactured that way or removed by a third party after the fact. If it was removed, totally agreed that it is a scam and should not be listed or considered an "error" variant. I wonder how CGC would process these.

And if it is a scam, hopefully this will shed some light on these if more are being sold to less knowledgeable buyers on ebay.

Last edited February 23, 2021 1:17:16 pm
  • Posted: February 23, 2021 1:44:08 pm
  • yes, but again, even if it is a coverless error by Marvel, how do you determine which are actually originally the errors vs say me tearing off the covers of the same books...It cannot be tracked properly...which is most likely the reason why Marvel did not respond to your question, because it wouldnt change the value of the books more then degrading them for missing cover.

Even if CGC was aware of these being released this way (coverless) they would most likely not grade them at all, knowing they also could not tell which are originally coverless and which are after the fact. And not saying it is impossible, but they could also mislabel a coverless as an error, and have no way of retracting a returned book, once more info was available...I say this only if there was a couple that got thru the grading process, by chance...my example would be the Good Morty catastrophe that happened a few years ago, where the counterfeits and real books couldnt be told apart, so now CGC refuses to grade them. The only ones of those the will grade are the Signed copies (by Roiland and Harmon) that were added as an incentive to buy the Rick and Morty Season 1 DVD...Those were individually hand numbered and could not have been counterfeited...

Last edited February 23, 2021 1:50:56 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: February 23, 2021 2:04:14 pm
  • Agreed, appreciate your thoughts on this. If I come across other issues like this or find out any other info on these type of issues that may change this analysis, I will update this post.
  • Posted: February 23, 2021 2:36:13 pm
  • That would be awesome...especially if there is a way to tell the difference between error (if it was) and torn out...then i would add the book without an issue...dont want to add to hype that could easily be dismissed as a scam tho...i dont want to steer anyone incorrectly.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 59 years, 185 days, 10 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's Ice Cream Man Issue # 23
  • Marvel Comics's King in Black: Namor Issue # 4b
  • Marvel Comics's Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Hard Cover # 4
  • Kellogg Company's Wood Cutters and the Keebler Cookie Tree Issue nn
CBR.com member auction items ?