feature requests

X Men: The Movie Prequel Rogue (Comic Book Forums)

• X-Men: The Movie Prequel - Rogue

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 13, 2020 8:24:23 pm
  • This will not be added as it is only a signed copy of the sketch variant which is already in the system...a signature does not make a book a variant.
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Avengers: Wyndham Rewards Promo
    Spawn 231: Spider-Man #1 Homage
    Ultimate X-Men #4 & 6 Subscription Bag Editions
    Marvel Milestone Edition: Doctor Doom - Doom 1st app Reprint
  • Posted: February 17, 2020 7:56:59 pm
  • I agree with you in the fact that a signature does not make it a variant. i.e. you don't want every person who stands in a line to get a signature to call their signed copy a variant.

But this was a solicitation done through previews and Dynamic forces only offering a limited number of 500. Done by the artist to re-sketch an image on the front.

A variant is a variance and shouldn't only mean reprint? But the variance on this is the sketch re-marked by the artist. With the signature just being a bonus.

It doesn't matter to me if it's added or not. Just bringing up that there are other issues out there. That was offered at the time of solicitation.
  • Posted: February 17, 2020 9:10:50 pm
  • You are correct, but DF released SOOOO many of these signed books that we decided to stop adding them as there were just too many. The only ones we currently add now are ones that are selling at significantly higher prices then the standard, and continue to sell and trade. Most do not fall into that catagory unfortunately. Signatures have fallen in value and interest unless its witnessed and graded with a gold label...Pre-CGC witnessed signatures come back in a different colored label (Green label i believe), and sell for significantly less then if you took the same book and had it witnessed and signed not thru DF.

Last edited February 17, 2020 9:13:40 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Avengers: Wyndham Rewards Promo
    Spawn 231: Spider-Man #1 Homage
    Ultimate X-Men #4 & 6 Subscription Bag Editions
    Marvel Milestone Edition: Doctor Doom - Doom 1st app Reprint
  • Posted: February 17, 2020 10:30:47 pm
  • That is a much better answer. Because I was confused as I had seen remarked DF editions in the guide. i.e. Nightcrawler 1 DF remarked of 99.

Market saturation from DF was almost as bad as the Sports card industry in the 90's.

Anyway thanks for taking time to answer.

Last edited February 17, 2020 11:34:10 pm
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 55 years, 190 days, 1 hour of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Insight Editions 's Ain't Got Time to Bleed Hard Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Avenging Spider-Man Issue # 2b
  • Image Comics's Chrononauts: Futureshock Issue # 1e
  • Marvel Comics's Excalibur Issue # 7b