feature requests

Buster Brown Shoes Buster Brown Comics (Comic Book Forums)

• Buster Brown Shoes - Buster Brown Comics

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 2, 2019 11:49:04 am
  • For these specifically we are ONLY adding ones that were printed by Timely...no store stamps...so please confirm that all of these are Printed not stamped.

The stamped ones are only the blank ones with a stamp...kinda like DF signed books...they are not variants.

Last edited February 2, 2019 12:07:49 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: February 13, 2019 3:04:29 am
  • Now I'm confused, It looks like all the ones in your database are store stamps, they look no different from the scans I listed. Example #25 is Farners Shoe store which is the same store stamp as my #13 Farners. Now I'm in question as to if you even took the time to look at the scans I sent ? I don't even own any of these I'm just trying to help you build your database more accurately. Just a F.Y.I I spent days looking for all those Bigboy covers and I happened to stumble upon these which I noticed were missing, I'm just not feeling the love here Think
  • Posted: February 13, 2019 11:27:22 am
  • no, the ones in the system are all printed. i did not look thru every pic you posted as that wouldve taken a ton of my time. I was simply stating that you should go thru the ones you have listed and see if any are store stamps (Stamps are obvious). I myself have added all the ones in our system and know for sure that they are not stamps...they are all printed. There is a blank version that some stores used stamps instead of printing the store on...those are the blank edition, because just as a signature doesnt make it a variant, neither does a stamp.

I will gladly add all that are printed...as i have been doing, i just want to make sure that these are all printed and none are stamps.

i hope you are understanding what i mean here. it is not a knock, or me skating work. It is me asking that you double check that these are not stamps, and if they are not, cool, let me know and i will add them...but with all the time i spend doing reqs, i cannot sift thru this many pics.

Examples:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buster-Brown-Comic-Book-17-19-20-1950s-Brown-Shoe-Co-Brown-G-VG-SCARCE/371951054056?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5336824214&toolid=10001&hash=item569a02ace8:g:fBEAAOSwDiBZGZPx

this post has 2 stamps, and 1 printed...so you know what i mean.

Last edited February 13, 2019 11:37:38 am
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: February 13, 2019 1:43:13 pm
  • All the one's I listed appear to be Print versions ( Big and Bold text and straight ) The only 3 in question would be #19 Lingren's and #42,43 Wallace's are Big and Bold except they are in cursive. But I do believe even those are Print Versions
  • Posted: February 13, 2019 3:07:31 pm
  • ok perfect

#6 wetherhold is already there
    #8 added
    #9 added
    #13 added
    #14 added
    #15 added
    #16 added
    #17 condon added
    #17 roderers added
    #19 added
    #20 added
    #22 added
    #24 added
    #26 added
    #33 added
    #34 added
    #40 added
    #41 added
    #42 added
    #43 added

ok all added...go ahead and submit the cover scans

https://comicbookrealm.com/series/30890/420226/buster-brown-shoes-buster-brown-comics-issue-34wm/1
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Sofawolf Press's Anthrolations Issue # 8
  • DC Comics's Green Arrow Issue # 10
  • Amphibia Comics's Newt Issue # 9
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: Darth Vader Issue # 44c