feature requests

Have a lot of missing issues? (Comic Book Forums)

• Have a lot of missing issues?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 25, 2007 8:21:53 pm
  • If you have more than 10 missing items that would normally be in 10 separate posts that you need to post at one time, please put these items into an Excel spreadsheet and e-mail them to Dough Boy.

Thanks!

Email them to me at my name @comicbookrealm.com (d******y@comicbookrealm.com)

Last edited January 30, 2012 10:24:07 am
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: March 8, 2007 10:47:48 pm
  • just sent you an excel file
    thanks
    Darrin Niday
    Des Moines, IA
  • Posted: June 19, 2007 11:56:44 pm
  • have about 40 more missing issues and i would feel sort of bad knowing that only doughboy would be able to take care of this instead of also having evilthecat and moderators be able to as well...before i send a all 40 series over to doughboy, i was hoping to hear that the moderators will be seeing those as well....if not...i will probably just send 10 at a time....spaced over a few weeks...and maybe 1 or 2 here and there in the forum....so that i am not taking up so much of doughboy's time all at once...

so basically...will the e-mail and/or spreadsheet end up being seen by anyone other than doughboy
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: June 20, 2007 7:16:11 am
  • It will be posted (as a shared file) and anyone can help load your missing books.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: June 26, 2007 4:01:41 pm
  • so i have the spreadsheet ready....how am i supposed to email it to doughboy....i cant seem to find that anywhere...
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: July 13, 2007 1:12:29 pm
  • you can also send it to me @ mrecureo@gmail.com.. We all post to the same collaborative area..
  • Posted: October 9, 2007 3:34:33 pm
  • hi. i'm new at this so bare with me. i just started using this site to check comic prices for my collection about 2 days ago. though most of my titles are main stream, i do have a lot of obscure independents. you have a forum for posting missing titles and publishers. i only find out a title is missing when i try to look it up. when i see that it's missing, i post it right away. next thing i know, there's another one, so i post that. it does add up to quite a lot. so, is it o.k. to keep posting single posts, or do i have to use a spreadsheet? if you don't mind explaining the spreadsheet process , you can e-mail me at: montagedan@optonline.net. thanks. dan. p.s i got your message about scanning covers and am now doing so. i hope you can use them. it's a bit of work to scan,crop and adjust the kb size,but i enjoy doing it. also, i have a 1950 copy of" white rider and super horse"from accepted publications, the title and the publisher are not listed. should i post? Thanks again. dan.
  • Posted: December 1, 2007 2:57:24 pm
  • i cant find it and just wondering if you ever heard of it thank
  • Posted: June 27, 2008 9:18:03 pm
  • Very HappyI have some extra comic books that are not listed in this Comic Book Realm.
    Some of them are not done or are missing numbers from the comic book realm website.
    The following are:
    WALT DISNEY'S COMIC AND STORIES VOL 37, NO. 10 JULY 1977 WHITMAN
    WALT DISNEY'S COMIC AND STORIES VOL 34, NO. 12 SEPTEMBER 1974 WHITMAN
    WALT DISNEY'S COMIC AND STORIES VOL 36, NO. 12 SEPTEMBER 1976 WHITMAN
    DENNIS THE MENACE: DENNIS AND THE BIBLE KIDS 1977 WORD BOOKS
    WALT DISNEY'S UNCLE SCROOGE & DONALD DUCK NO 2, MARCH 1988 GLADSTONE
    WALT DISNEY'S COMICS PENNY PINCHERS PRESENTS DONALD DUCK AND NEIGHBOR JONES NO. 3, JULY 1997 GLADSTONE
    WALT DISNEY'S THE FOX AND THE HOUND NEW ADVENTURES OF NO 3, 1981 WHITMAN
    PORKY PIG NO 101, 1981 WHITMAN
    PORKY PIG NO 94, 1980
    BARNEY BEAR IN TOYLAND SPIRE COMICS 1982
    CLASSIC ILLUSTRATED COMIC BOOKS: TREASURE ISLAND NO 64, OCTOBER 1949, SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON, KIDNAPPED NO 46, FEB 1948.

That is the missing part that I can't find in the system, so if you guys can help me out, thanks! Brick wall
  • Posted: July 7, 2008 7:59:34 pm
  • I have 31 books to add but need somebody's email address to send them to. I tried mrecureo@gmail.com but all i get is a failure to deliver message.
    Our deceit has produced a deception. Now the only solution is to destroy the truth.
  • Posted: July 7, 2008 8:14:10 pm
  • Email them to me at my name @comicbookrealm.com (d******y@comicbookrealm.com)

• Posted: July 7, 2008 9:21:50 pm
  • Thanks man, I just sent it. Very Happy
    Our deceit has produced a deception. Now the only solution is to destroy the truth.
  • Posted: August 9, 2008 11:20:06 am
  • Hi, first I just wanted to say thank you for this site. Now I do have a comic from ASYLUM PRESS "Hex of the Wicked Witch" issue #1 that I can't find on the site. I'm new here and I would like to assist but don't know how
  • Posted: August 9, 2008 2:12:18 pm
  • Welcome to the site and thanks for the heads up. It has been added. In the future, if you have missing issues, we have a Missing Issues forum where you can post. Also, if you find a lot of missing issues, you can email a list to me or one of the other mods.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: October 2, 2008 6:03:32 pm
  • New here but i have a couple you dont have listed they are acid rain studios '93 vampire bikini comic calendar
    number 1 cover price 2.75 u.s.
    and the other is vampire lingerie fantasy catalog cover price 2.75 u.s.
  • Posted: November 2, 2008 9:01:46 pm
  • I don't have Excel Spreadsheet. So far there's 5 books I can't find in here. I'm not looking to buy them, just add them to my collection on here. Do you want me to email someone or put it on the forum.
    The search for Chaos! never ends.
  • Posted: November 2, 2008 10:30:27 pm
  • go ahead and put those in the forum, separate posts for each title though, please
  • Posted: November 3, 2008 7:32:17 am
  • If you have much more than that, you can use Google Docs. They have a free spreadsheet that's pretty easy to use.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: November 3, 2008 9:04:09 pm
  • ok, I tried the Google spreadsheet. Could save it right so I think I sent it to you ( dough boy).
  • Posted: November 4, 2008 7:55:18 am
  • I don't have access to it. Please make it where anyone can access it and either post the link here or PM some of the Mod's.

• Posted: November 9, 2008 9:41:06 pm
  • Apparently Google hates me and won't let me publish it to get the link. It's not even giving me an option. It says it's shared with you (doughboy) so I don't know why it's not letting you see it. Sometimes I hate technology.
  • Posted: December 4, 2008 5:13:05 pm
  • Hey doughboy, I emailed you the spreadsheet url. Did it work this time?
  • Posted: December 12, 2008 8:18:45 pm
  • Did you even get the email?
  • Posted: December 12, 2008 8:57:55 pm
  • he normally makes the spreadsheet available to all of the mods once he has received it, he has not, so i believe he didnt receive it, but your link above works, so we all have access to it, dont worry, it will be taken care of
  • Posted: December 12, 2008 10:44:41 pm
  • they are all added, by the way
  • Posted: December 13, 2008 1:38:03 pm
  • Thank you very much.
    Hope i wasn't a pain.
  • Posted: December 13, 2008 9:35:32 pm
  • no, but next time that you have less than 10, please post in the forums rather than with a spreadsheet
  • Posted: December 16, 2008 4:31:35 pm
  • sorry about that. I guess I could have waited. thank you though
  • Posted: January 3, 2009 2:52:12 am
  • Doughboy,

Was just looking to see if you could post "Gasp!" by ACG (American Comics Group).

TY.
    Ray Kropke
  • Posted: January 3, 2009 9:14:03 pm
  • tracknuts, please repost this in the missing forum under a new topic, your request will get overlooked as a reply to this post
  • Posted: March 11, 2009 6:52:59 pm
  • I can't find this on the site. Was wondering if it was already on here and I'm just missing it or it needs to be added. If it needs to be added I'll post it. Thanks.

http://www.mycomicshop.com/comicbooks/item?IID=7829381
  • Posted: March 12, 2009 7:25:25 am
  • It's part of this series but the series is incomplete I'll fill it in when I can after the new releases are done

http://comicbookrealm.com/series/1320/0/Marvel+Special+Edition+Featuring...

oh and could you make this a new post next time thanks

Last edited March 12, 2009 7:25:52 am
    What's yours is mine, what's mine is mine Too. If you shake my hand better count your fingers!

• Posted: March 12, 2009 6:48:06 pm
  • I was going to. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't already on the site. Very Happy
  • Posted: March 12, 2009 7:09:24 pm
  • sorry no worries Very Happy

I started looking it up earlier but got sidetracked. I was wrong it isn't part of that series but it's own one-off I'll post a link when I get it entered in a few.
    What's yours is mine, what's mine is mine Too. If you shake my hand better count your fingers!

• Posted: March 13, 2009 7:42:55 pm
  • thanks, you're the man. Dancing
  • Posted: June 14, 2009 8:39:23 pm
  • ok guys what missing but not really missing? I geuss you can that i have two comics that match where there supossed to be but the covers are different. The name and publishers are the same but there different cover. My dad has alot of old comic that are like young and classic illastrated that not there! Does somesome add them in, how does this work in the end. sorry i'm new and i have question.
  • Posted: June 15, 2009 8:03:16 am
  • All of the post in this forum are request just look through some of the past ones to see how others request, if you have a bunch then you need to make a spreadsheet. please include as much as you can in the description. And only one comic/series per post and one of the Moderators will take care of them, theres usually a line so do it make take some time so please be patient.

Thx

Last edited June 15, 2009 8:04:18 am

• Posted: December 19, 2009 12:32:39 pm
  • Dark Horse Comics, Star Wars, Prelude to Rebellion, #1 December 1998
    Part 1 of 6 mini
    writer: Strnadm Jam
    penciller: Winn, Anthony
    inker: Jones, Robert
    letterer: taylor, michael
    cover: Kelly, Ken
    editor: Janes, Peet
    ed: hansen, mike

cover price: 2.50US / 3.50 CAN

I can scan front/back per specs, need email/upload directions

Thank you.
    String Theory, now thats a Concept to wrap you mind around.
  • Posted: April 23, 2010 6:45:20 pm
  • I only joined ComicBookRealm.com recently and have found it much better than other (similar) sites like ComicBookDB.com ... but I've discovered that there is no obvious way to add missing comic book series, of which I have quite a few in late Bronze/early Modern ages ... mainly from Quality and Fleetway.

I've read through this forum and it's still not clear if members are able to add missing comic book series ??
    At ComicBookDB.com it was really simple process to add a new series.

Can someone help out with some advice ??
    Thanks
    "Citizen ... I am the Law !!"
  • Posted: April 23, 2010 7:19:06 pm
  • DaBiz-

First of all welcome to CBR!

Members can do just about anything EXCEPT for add issue shells. We have a highly trained Mod staff that will add your requests (usually very quickly). You can either create a list of series that we are missing and e-mail it to me or if there are only a few post them in the Missing forum.

If we allowed members to add titles and issues we could quickly get duplicates as some call a series one thing, and others something else. then we would spend all of our time trying to clean everything up.

HTH

• Posted: April 23, 2010 7:37:40 pm
  • Thanks dough boy, I really appreciate the quick response.

I track all my comic book purchases via a master XLS file ... if I trimmed that XLS file down with just the relavent details and emailed it to you, would that suffice ?
  • Posted: April 23, 2010 7:44:38 pm
  • That would be perfect.

• Posted: April 23, 2010 8:03:33 pm
  • Cool ... I'll get something to you soon.
    Thanks again.
  • Posted: April 27, 2010 3:17:32 am
  • Hey Dough Boy
    Finally had a chance to put that info together ... What's the best email address to send the XLS file to ??
  • Posted: April 27, 2010 7:17:05 am
  • dough boy said:
    Email them to me at my name @comicbookrealm.com (d******y@comicbookrealm.com)

• Posted: May 23, 2010 12:58:44 pm
  • Just got a quick question about the excel spreadsheet for listing more than 10 missing issues.
    Any specific layout you prefer. got a template or something I can go off so as not to be confusing
  • Posted: August 10, 2011 10:21:35 pm
  • After logging over 9k comics between here and Lone Star I am left with a stack that I can't find on either site.
    Most I can't find images for on the web.
    Anyone (like DOughboy or another Mod) have any interest in my mailing them so they can be scanned and added to the system?
    I want to either have them on here, LS, OR out of my collection! If DB wants them, he can have them.... (maybe give me the auction points though!)
    ???????????????
  • Posted: January 30, 2012 7:22:43 am
  • tracknuts said:
    Doughboy,

Was just looking to see if you could post "Gasp!" by ACG (American Comics Group).

TY.

Ahh this needs to be posted as a separate thread in the missing Forum if you want to have it added. Then myself or one of the mods will do some research and get it added for you

Cheers
    tt
    You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
    " Holy on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
    http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
  • Posted: August 8, 2012 6:25:44 pm
  • Another new guy hereRolling Eyes Just emailed a list of 17 issues I have that I didn't find in the database... Hope I did it rightConfused
  • Posted: August 8, 2012 7:15:25 pm
  • Only change is please send it as a CSV or Excel file.

• Posted: August 9, 2012 10:21:40 am
  • Done and Done! Had me going for a bit... keep in mind, XML's are Excel files, too!
  • Posted: August 9, 2012 11:48:56 am
  • I didn't realize Excel would open an XML. It wasn't easy, but yes for clarification sake, XLS or XLSX are the default Excel file types.

• Posted: August 9, 2012 1:29:38 pm
  • Yeah, my confusion occurred 'cause I was using MS Office Excel 2003 and it saves a "spreadsheet" as an XML
    (data) and a "workbook" as an XLS (spreadsheet)... Go Figure! The goodnews/badnews thing that resulted from this is now I'm aware that my Windows Installer isn't installed correctly...
    dough boy said:
    I didn't realize Excel would open an XML. It wasn't easy, but yes for clarification sake, XLS or XLSX are the default Excel file types.
    Brick wall
  • Posted: April 9, 2013 7:18:25 am
  • Ocean-

Please read the first post in this thread, and then read the forum guidelines on how to properly request items to be added...you need to post each of these series as a separate topic in the forum...

• Posted: August 4, 2013 10:41:26 am
  • Hey,
    No this isn't the place to post, you should start a new topic for the comic you're looking for.
    Anyway, I think this is the series you're looking for - http://comicbookrealm.com/series/10410/0/now-green-hornet
    it doesn't say Vol. 1 but it's the only series from 1989.
    If I'm wrong start a new thread and add as much info as you can...like the publisher.

Welcome to the Realm

Last edited August 4, 2013 10:51:19 am
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: December 29, 2013 3:14:28 pm
  • Vault of Doomnation 1 issue $1.70 1987 b-movie
  • Posted: December 29, 2013 3:24:55 pm
  • kiddoc1997 said:
    Hi, I am new to the site. Here are some issues I could not find. I will post them all in the new few posts
    Daily planet Invasion! extra DC 1988 $2.00 Invasion tie in DC http://www.atomicavenue.com/atomic/titledetail.aspx?TitleID=8081
    Please delete all of these posts and read the instructions to the forum.

• Posted: December 29, 2013 3:31:34 pm
  • I am not sure what is wrong. I read the forum.
    I put in the name the publisher the issues and price. and a site showing the comic.
    It said put in each request individually
    You can delete them but I really don't understand why
  • Posted: December 29, 2013 3:38:50 pm
  • 2 things you did wrong:

1. You posted them as a REPLY to a topic instead of creating a new topic (read the forum guidelines)
    2. Ironically the first post of this topic that you made all of your replies to tells you that if you have 10 or more issues how to submit them (you have 13)

For some reason after thousands of successful missing items the last several have just started posting here. Please delete yours once you have complied with the rules and I will remove the others to prevent further confusion.

• Posted: August 29, 2014 8:37:34 pm
  • Please post these in their own topic and do not reply to this one...

• Posted: August 29, 2014 11:18:23 pm
  • Hey DB,
    Is there any way you can lock this read with just you initial post?
    That way people won't be able to post here and figure out the correct way.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: August 30, 2014 7:26:17 am
  • Good call...done

78 posts • Page 1 of 8
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • IDW Publishing's Golgotha Motor Mountain Issue # 2
  • Marvel Comics's The Amazing Spider-Man Issue # 255facsimile
  • Lohman Hills Press's The Golden Age Emma Davenport Convention Special Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 486b