feature requests

Have a lot of missing issues? (Comic Book Forums)

• Have a lot of missing issues?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 23, 2010 6:45:20 pm
  • I only joined ComicBookRealm.com recently and have found it much better than other (similar) sites like ComicBookDB.com ... but I've discovered that there is no obvious way to add missing comic book series, of which I have quite a few in late Bronze/early Modern ages ... mainly from Quality and Fleetway.

I've read through this forum and it's still not clear if members are able to add missing comic book series ??
    At ComicBookDB.com it was really simple process to add a new series.

Can someone help out with some advice ??
    Thanks
    "Citizen ... I am the Law !!"
  • Posted: April 23, 2010 7:19:06 pm
  • DaBiz-

First of all welcome to CBR!

Members can do just about anything EXCEPT for add issue shells. We have a highly trained Mod staff that will add your requests (usually very quickly). You can either create a list of series that we are missing and e-mail it to me or if there are only a few post them in the Missing forum.

If we allowed members to add titles and issues we could quickly get duplicates as some call a series one thing, and others something else. then we would spend all of our time trying to clean everything up.

HTH
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: April 23, 2010 7:37:40 pm
  • Thanks dough boy, I really appreciate the quick response.

I track all my comic book purchases via a master XLS file ... if I trimmed that XLS file down with just the relavent details and emailed it to you, would that suffice ?
  • Posted: April 23, 2010 7:44:38 pm
  • That would be perfect.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: April 23, 2010 8:03:33 pm
  • Cool ... I'll get something to you soon.
    Thanks again.
  • Posted: April 27, 2010 3:17:32 am
  • Hey Dough Boy
    Finally had a chance to put that info together ... What's the best email address to send the XLS file to ??
  • Posted: April 27, 2010 7:17:05 am
  • dough boy said:
    Email them to me at my name @comicbookrealm.com (d******y@comicbookrealm.com)

• Posted: May 23, 2010 12:58:44 pm
  • Just got a quick question about the excel spreadsheet for listing more than 10 missing issues.
    Any specific layout you prefer. got a template or something I can go off so as not to be confusing
  • Posted: August 10, 2011 10:21:35 pm
  • After logging over 9k comics between here and Lone Star I am left with a stack that I can't find on either site.
    Most I can't find images for on the web.
    Anyone (like DOughboy or another Mod) have any interest in my mailing them so they can be scanned and added to the system?
    I want to either have them on here, LS, OR out of my collection! If DB wants them, he can have them.... (maybe give me the auction points though!)
    ???????????????
78 posts • Page 1 of 8
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 58 years, 208 days, 8 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Fantastic Four: Road Trip Issue # 1d
  • Avalon Communications Group's Fat Fury Special Special # 1
  • PictureBox's Maggots Soft Cover # 1
  • Image Comics's The Scumbag Issue # 2c