feature requests

ASM # 193 (Comic Book Forums)

• ASM # 193

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 6, 2013 4:30:09 pm
  • Publisher: Marvel

Series Title: the Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1

Issue(s): 193 "Variant" (Direct Market Edition)

Cover Date: June 1979

Cover Price: $0.40

Writer: Marv Wolfman

Artist: Keith Pollard, Jim Mooney

Cover Scan: Image

Last edited February 7, 2013 1:55:00 pm
  • Posted: February 7, 2013 4:00:20 pm
  • I'm assuming they've been up for years. If we start adding newsstand/direct for everything we'll be adding hundreds maybe thousands of covers to the database. That's just not a feasible option. This is the current policy. Thanks for understanding.Smile

Last edited February 7, 2013 4:11:06 pm

• Posted: February 7, 2013 4:55:44 pm
  • Yeah these were listed back when the site first started, like Steve said adding all these at this point would just chew up space on the database. You can make note of it being the Direct Market version in the notes section when you add it to your collection.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: February 8, 2013 9:37:33 am
  • they will be listed only if there is a current value is different by a significant amount

cheers
    t
    t
    You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
    " Holy on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
    http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
  • Posted: February 8, 2013 10:04:09 am
  • If I remember right there was an article in an OSPG onetime talking about how ASM (specifically) had collectors scrambling for both versions...so at that point know versions were added.

I guess we could always remove the different versions now if the values never changed...
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: February 8, 2013 10:46:32 am
  • I think we should just leave any that have been added already, as in the future you/we may want to list all versions and removing then adding again is just a lot of work and time.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Archie Comics Group's Betty & Veronica: Friends Forever - Fairy Tales Issue # 1the616-b
  • Marvel Comics's Giant-Size: The Incredible Hulk Issue # 1d
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 81b
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4acme-c