feature requests

images with larger scan needed (Comic Book Forums)

• images with larger scan needed

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 27, 2006 4:44:12 pm
  • I just noticed some cover scans have larger scan needed at the bottom. is this just because they were originally scanned under the 225 x 400 rule but in under your cover submission guidelines you now say 325 x 500? Just curious.
  • Posted: May 27, 2006 8:08:43 pm
  • No. The requirement was always there so that the finished images (250px high) would be higher quality. When you uploaded an image, the system just resized it down to 250px.

Now the system will take the image uploaded and save 2 versions. 1 large (400px high) and 1 small (250px high). Since the previous images in the system were all 250px, they all need a large version as well.

Points for uploading previous images are still earned. Rather than wipe out all of the old images and start from scratch, I figured leave the old ones, and just upload new ones.

Hope all of that makes sense.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: May 27, 2006 8:39:21 pm
  • Makes sense. thanks.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Faro's Lounge's Faro's Lounge: American Safari Sketchbook Issue nn - alaska
  • Vertigo's Hellblazer TPB # 1
  • DC Comics's Nightwing Issue # 113d
  • Yen Press's The Reformation of the World as Overseen by a Realist Demon King Soft Cover # 3