feature requests

Collector In Training? (Comic Book Forums)

• Collector In Training?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 12, 2008 3:57:30 pm
  • You know, I'm about to blog the story of how I got where I am today (well, comic-wise) since, if all goes well, I'll be hitting the 10,000 comics mark tomorrow.

Short answer - I can't remember the first comic I ever read/bought. I consider my beginning as a collector to be Summer of 1983, and more specifically, consider Amazing Spider-Man #245 my "first" comicbook (even though I know it wasn't) - because I can remember exactly the circumstances of how I got it.

Stay tuned, true believers. The story of my long strange trip is coming!

edit: oh, and as to where I buy from - new comics (and backissues when I get some extra bank) from Queen City Comic and Card Company. Also like eBay for backissues. It's a buyers market!

Last edited June 12, 2008 3:59:46 pm
  • Posted: October 2, 2008 12:43:39 pm
  • Now I know too. Wink
  • Posted: October 3, 2008 2:34:37 am
  • Fireboy said:
    oo i broke 500 recently!
    awesome

Very Happy Grats.... I just broke the 200 hundred mark so 500 is far away for me.. but still I may soon become a teacher ;)

Last edited October 3, 2008 2:35:48 am
    Not collecting any more but I still enjoy comics now and then...
  • Posted: December 4, 2008 5:10:53 pm
  • ok, so this is based on how many forum posts we do, not how many comics we have? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
    The search for Chaos! never ends.
  • Posted: December 5, 2008 2:42:31 am
  • Many forums have some kind of ranking to let others know how long they have been around.

You could argue that maybe the number of comics should be considered as well.
  • Posted: December 5, 2008 8:05:52 am
  • Weinreich is correct in how the system works.

The problem with basing it on the number of comics is that someone could add 10,000 to some hidden piles just to be "ranked" higher.

By basing it on post count, that basically shows how long you have been around and how much you have contributed to the community - but as with anything...this is everyone's site and I can be amenable to making changes.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: December 5, 2008 8:17:28 am
  • man thats gonna take a long time. I spend most of my time upping covers. and I have no life so thats areally long time just to prove it!
    What's yours is mine, what's mine is mine Too. If you shake my hand better count your fingers!

• Posted: December 5, 2008 8:19:40 am
  • Rattlehead79 said:
    man thats gonna take a long time. I spend most of my time upping covers. and I have no life so thats areally long time just to prove it!

Very Happyd'oh!

When I look at the amount of auction points you have gathered in the relatively short time you have been here I tend to agree Smile

Last edited December 5, 2008 8:21:26 am
  • Posted: December 5, 2008 3:45:01 pm
  • i wouldnt have an issue if ranking was based on points and posts
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
57 posts • Page 1 of 6
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Todd McFarlane Productions's Sam and Twitch: Case Files Issue # 2b
  • Marvel Comics's Venom: Dark Origin Issue # 2
  • Tome Press's Witness to War TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: First Class Issue # 9b