feature requests

these pop up ads are getting crazy (Comic Book Forums)

• these pop-up ads are getting crazy

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 6, 2023 10:37:50 pm
  • They keep randomly popping up like 3-4 times a minute and I have to click 3 times often to just close it. This is my second window open because I can't close it on my first window. and yes I have popups blocked on my computer but its still happening< all theses are so obtrusive and ruining using this site. Numerous times I've had where the ads on the page keep the rest of the info from loading
  • Posted: March 7, 2023 8:48:46 am
  • Hmmm...that isn't supposed to be happening. Ads should ALWAYS load after the content and they should avoid the content area.

Can you email me screenshots of what you are seeing? My user name with no space at this website URL. I wonder if it is a rogue ad. They often target weird settings (certain combinations of browsers, locations, devices, etc).

I did hear that the ad network enabled one sort of ad that I wasn't happy about, but they said it hadn't impacted anything and it only appears once every 10 minutes or so. They gave me some code that I need to figure out how to implement so people can turn it off.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: March 7, 2023 9:18:27 am
  • I do have a screenshot I could send from yesterday because one permanently stayed on my window and won't close, they aren't popping up this morning though.

can you send me a link to send it to? I'm not sure how to do it to what you mentioned with the URL
  • Posted: March 7, 2023 9:24:24 am
  • No link, send me an email to doughboy@ this website domain.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Archie Comics Group's Betty & Veronica: Friends Forever - Fairy Tales Issue # 1the616-c
  • Schanes & Schanes's Elfquest Issue set c
  • Random House Childrens Books's Garfield Movie: Pictureback Soft Cover # 1
  • Ben and Don Chin's Overload Issue # 5