feature requests

Way to search pile for Contributor? (Comic Book Forums)

• Way to search pile for Contributor?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 14, 2021 9:31:37 am
  • Is there a way to search my collection / pile for a contributor? Like if I wanted to pull up all comics that Stan Lee worked on but only in my collection is there a way to list that? I used to do this over at comicbookdb (RIP) before cons so I could check to see if I had anything for artists attending to sign.
  • Posted: December 14, 2021 12:34:19 pm
  • Yes and no. You can make your own "Piles" for your collection and put whatever books you wish into them that you own. I do piles in my collection by character and comic book company (click on my icon and go to my collection for an example). You can title your piles whatever you wish, so you can do it by cover artist, writer, just about anything. I hope that was helpful.
  • Posted: December 14, 2021 1:44:22 pm
  • Brucifer is right, you can't search your piles but you can go to Reports, then Contributors List, find and select your contributor, then click on the WORK tab and it will show you all the issues they have been linked to in this database. There are filters in there you can play with also. I doubt it would have every book they have ever worked on as it is a manual process to link all the contributors but you never know, the mods and members here do tons of work to keep things updated as best they can. It also tells you what "pile" that book is in IF you own it so it does technically act as a search.

Last edited December 14, 2021 1:55:21 pm
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: December 14, 2021 2:48:37 pm
  • Thanks guys, yeah that's kind of what I figured. The contributor report is nice but if there was a way to just filter it based on my collection that would be perfect. Oh well.
  • Posted: December 14, 2021 3:07:35 pm
  • it tells you which books you own in that report, just as easy...
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: December 14, 2021 4:13:01 pm
  • Bear78 said:
    Thanks guys, yeah that's kind of what I figured. The contributor report is nice but if there was a way to just filter it based on my collection that would be perfect. Oh well.

I can look to add it in the future. On the right is a floating "feature requests". Click on that and add the request. I added a filter to the page that will hide all issues you don't own.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: December 17, 2021 8:35:40 am
  • dough boy said:
    Bear78 said:
    Thanks guys, yeah that's kind of what I figured. The contributor report is nice but if there was a way to just filter it based on my collection that would be perfect. Oh well.

I can look to add it in the future. On the right is a floating "feature requests". Click on that and add the request. I added a filter to the page that will hide all issues you don't own.

That works, thanks!
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Skybound's Duke Issue # 4d
  • Marvel Comics's G.O.D.S. Issue # 6c
  • DC Comics's Poison Ivy Issue # 21krs-a
  • Marvel Comics's X-Force Issue # 50c