feature requests

Does anyone use the "want to buy" feature to actually buy comics? (Comic Book Forums)

• Does anyone use the "want to buy" feature to actually buy comics?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 28, 2021 2:40:47 am
  • I've got a few books for sale that others want to buy, when I PM them with my pitch...crickets. The prices are pretty much cover for newer books, or a few dollars for older books, prices are all lower than the FMV, and I'd be willing to deal! No major key issues, mostly books that people have checked that they want for whatever reason. I've tried to only PM those who have activity within the last month, and I've seen that the message has been read. However, all this seems like a fruitless endeavor. So just curious how people use the "want to buy" feature; Is it more for yourself to keep tabs of needed books, or something else?
    With great power, comes great...?...*LINE!!!
  • Posted: October 28, 2021 3:56:35 am
  • I have not yet used the 'want to buy' feature, there are far too many comics I want to buy to put myself out there like that, but I have messaged a few people who 'want to sell' stuff I want to buy and had the same crickets response.

And I have messaged them saying I want a good chunk of what they want to sell, like well over a grands worth of comics at the asking price and then heard nothing.
  • Posted: October 28, 2021 5:54:37 am
  • That's unfortunate. If only I had the books you were looking for... I've personally bought books from Brucifer and Henchmen Trading Co., they both communicate well, and have a good assortment of books at fair prices. Brucifer ships out of Canada though, but the rates are, what the rates are; he didn't make money off shipping. Thanks for your input!
  • Posted: October 28, 2021 7:31:41 am
  • Try sending them a PM. I need to switch the interested tool to be a PM instead of an Email because I think either they are lost or are easy to ignore. With it being a PM they will have an alert every time and you can tell if they at least read it.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: October 28, 2021 10:59:38 am
  • I believe there are a bunch of CBR "members" that want to sell comic books. Unfortunately they don't answer back PM's because a) they are too lazy. b) they forgot about their "selling" of comic books.on this site c) they don't check their e-mail because it's passe?

Either way, it's very unfair to advertise you are selling comic books and when someone inquires about them....... crickets.
  • Posted: October 28, 2021 11:22:23 am
  • I would agree. Right now if you haven't been active in like 30 days your comics are not listed as for sale.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: October 28, 2021 3:58:57 pm
  • For me the problem is always going to be shipping. You have a comic I want, but there's no point in arranging a sale because the shipping would be 3x or more the cost of the comic.

Looking at what you have, it's really all over the place, a few issues of something here and there, very few really good long runs of anything, so it's going to be difficult for most buyers to justify it even if you do have something they want.
  • Posted: October 28, 2021 6:15:10 pm
  • PaperBoy, are you talking about me?
  • Posted: October 28, 2021 7:13:54 pm
  • brucifer said:
    PaperBoy, are you talking about me?

No, I was talking about csiebeneck.
  • Posted: October 29, 2021 5:04:23 am
  • I agree with both your statements paperboy: about the cost of shipping, and my personal random assortment of issues. However, with the members that I'm contacting they have at least 5 titles on their want list that I have, and I always state that I'm willing to make a deal. So I still feel there is value for the buyer, but I've received only a couple of replies from dozens of PM's. Thanks Doughboy and Brucifer for your thoughts as well!
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • IDW Publishing's Golgotha Motor Mountain Issue # 2b
  • DC Comics's Green Lantern: War Journal Issue # 8b
  • Titan Comics's Rebel Moon: House of the Bloodaxe Issue # 2e
  • Ablaze Media's The Agent Issue # 5