feature requests

Formating issues when exporting data (Comic Book Forums)

• Formating issues when exporting data

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 28, 2021 4:32:28 am
  • Hi,

When I export my piles into CSV format, the format for Issue Date is the same for all comics - but for those with a May and October date. In other words, when the CSV file is imported into Excel, all the dates in the Issue Date colum looks the same, except for the ones in May and October.

As an example
    January 1990 comes out in Excel as '1990-01-01'
    May 1990 comes out in Excel as 'May 1990'

Any ideas why this might be, and how to correct it?
  • Posted: September 28, 2021 4:37:16 pm
  • in excel you can manually fix how the date is displayed...and i think (not 100% for sure) that you can select the Very top above your editable cells and highlight the entire row or column to edit so it changes them all to the same format...quick fix

as for why, who knows lol...

yup you can...i am using it right now...so if you click the Letter at the very top in the column you want to edit it will select the entire row or column...then you hold the mouse down on More Formats (its 123 with arrow down after) and a drop down will give you options...pick date and from there you can pick whatever format you want them all to be...

The MORE FORMATS dropdown is the last button in that tool section...the other tool buttons look like this: 5 total buttons

$ % .0(arrow left) .00(arrow right) 123(arrow down)

Last edited September 28, 2021 4:53:54 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: September 29, 2021 4:36:04 am
  • Look at the raw data in CSV. It likely looks the same. It is just Excel not understanding how to interpret things and you have to help it format.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 29, 2021 1:25:28 pm
  • Mystery solved... did some digging with some help of a person who is an Excel wiz... as it turns out, as I have a Swedish version of Excel, May and October are the only two months that is spelled differently when appreviated to the first three letters. October is Okt and not Oct. May is Maj not May.

So Excel simply got confused and transposed it differently.

False alarm Smile
  • Posted: September 29, 2021 4:37:21 pm
  • lol glad to hear Smile
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: September 29, 2021 9:09:45 pm
  • I will say I didn't expect that.

Laughing
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • California Institute of the Arts's A Flightpath Production Issue # 1
  • Allen Thomas's Infinite Uppercut Soft Cover # 5
  • Oni Press's Invasive Issue # 4b
  • GP Putnams Sons's Monkey King and the World of Myths TPB # 1