feature requests

Change the default condition when adding new comics? (Comic Book Forums)

• Change the default condition when adding new comics?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 20, 2021 3:28:18 pm
  • When adding new comics to my pile, the default condition is NM. Most of my comics are purchased new, in Mint condition. I'd like to be able to make a global change so the default is M. It would save me a lot of clicks. I did not see this in my profile. Is there a way to do this?
  • Posted: February 20, 2021 5:48:42 pm
  • FYI - 90% or more new comics off the shelf are 9.4 grade or less.
    So unless you go through your pull pile with a magnifying glass page by page I don't think they would be 9.8 or better grade...just saying.
    I let DB know and I'm sure he'll let you know if you can, but far as I know it's not possible.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: February 20, 2021 8:33:16 pm
  • You can make it a feature suggestion on the right.

But generally 9.4 is the universal start for a new comic
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: February 20, 2021 8:35:41 pm
  • It is absolutely impossible to tell the difference from a 9.4-9.8 by looking at the cover only, I can show you many examples of ones i thought were 9.8s, lol til they came back...Overstreet's default is 9.2, so just putting that out there too lol...

Last edited February 20, 2021 8:36:57 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: February 21, 2021 1:48:44 pm
  • I appreciate the responses and perspective. I get where you are coming from w.r.t. new comics not necessarily being Mint. For me, I've been collecting for 30 years. I don't sell my comics so the rating is more for me. Mint in my collection means I bought it new, read it once with no damage, and put it in my collection. NM means there's some kind of visible damage even if small.

I'll put the request in for a new feature.
  • Posted: February 21, 2021 2:00:20 pm
  • Unfortunately, the system won't let me post this as a new feature request. After signing in with the magic link, it tells me
    "Sorry, we couldn't submit your request. We’ve found 6 articles and 1 related idea that may help you faster than sending a message." when I click the submit button.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Studio Snowlion's Amusing Tales Issue # 1
  • Oni Press's Cemetery Kids Don't Die Issue # 2b
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 9
  • Image Comics's Monstress Issue # 50