feature requests

Ebay widget flagged for links (Comic Book Forums)

• Ebay widget flagged for links

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 8, 2020 3:44:54 am
  • I've been using the Ebay widget for a bit now, but recently they flagged a couple of my items for containing links. Any alternatives to the Ebay widget without links?
  • Posted: December 8, 2020 1:08:09 pm
  • Are you saying they flagged the item for sale on ebay for containing links?

The only way the ebay widget works is by searching ebay for our link. So if they stop allowing links, then eventually our widgets will have nothing to report on.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: December 9, 2020 6:41:59 pm
  • Yeah, they're not allowing links now for some reason.

"2 of your listings contain(s) contact information such as phone number, email address or weblinks, which is in violation of listing policies. Non-compliant listings will soon be blocked."
  • Posted: January 1, 2021 10:35:36 am
  • FYI I'm not sure how they search for these. I haven't used widgets for awhile, mainly selling at cons, but now back on eBay full swing. Recently I added 100+ books on eBay, ALL with the CBR widget. Three (3!) were flagged to have the widget removed??
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: January 1, 2021 10:38:16 am
  • You can try adding the information as not a link/HTML. So copy the finished result and paste it in the listing.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: January 5, 2021 11:08:47 am
  • This happened to me enough times that I stopped using the widget, which means items I have on eBay don't show up here anymore.
  • Posted: January 5, 2021 11:22:46 am
  • Instead of using the raw code try using this:

Pricing and collection tracking provided free via ComicBookRealm.com

Ideally the raw code is better, but even this should help.

• Posted: January 8, 2021 5:54:33 pm
  • Just got eBay flagged for more. I’ll try the note without html. Will that still help them show up on CBR?
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: January 8, 2021 6:01:52 pm
  • It should, we are just searching for comicbookrealm.com

• Posted: January 10, 2021 11:21:23 am
  • I just added it (the suggested text) to about ~11 books, so I'll let you know if it gets flagged. It's weird that it seems random, as I know I've seen other users with the widget. Maybe not recently though. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Posted: January 10, 2021 12:06:06 pm
  • My guess is that any promoted sales containg the links get flagged. I don't believe that my nonpromoted books have been, so I am not promoting anything for now
  • Posted: January 10, 2021 2:45:13 pm
  • I got the email from eBay to update my listing last week. I've been using the comicbook realm widget without issue before. I suspect eBay must be checking all listings that contain any links to outside sites recently because some of my listings from December 2020 had the html code in them and they were not flagged.
  • Posted: January 10, 2021 4:16:47 pm
  • i get those every once in a while too, but i ignore them and nothing happens...as long as its a comic book you are selling you add the tag to.
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Spider-Man #234 2nd Print
    Strange Academy #1 5th Print
    Secret Wars #5 1:25 Variant Doom Cover
    Infamous Iron Man #3 2nd Print Doom Cover

13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 59 years, 3 days, 4 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's Commanders in Crisis Issue # 4b
  • Tundra Publishing's Counterparts Issue # 2
  • Vertical's Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro Soft Cover # 5
  • DC Comics's Punchline Special Issue # 1ce-f