feature requests

Green Lantern #1 (1960) (Comic Book Forums)

• Green Lantern #1 (1960)

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 2, 2020 11:53:22 am
  • Why is it that CBR has a GL#1(1960) CGC 7.0 valued at $9075.00 where most other grading services have it around $2000? Thats quite a difference. I have one in my collection and would like it changed if its wrong? Thanks for the service you provide.
  • Posted: October 2, 2020 8:17:32 pm
  • because our "grades" are based on mathmatics...we cannot track every single grade for every single book in our system...that would be ridiculous to expect lol...so the way we do it is we average a value based on a 9.4 Raw book (which is what all our values are for ... Raw books) that value is correct (or at least at the time it was last updated it was)...the grades are estimations, a percentage math equation. Remember a book is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, not what a Guide states. So always do your own research in excess to our values to figure out what to buy/sell/trade at.

Also remember that a guide is just that...a guide...not a bible on pricing...most people think that a guide is always correct and everything is always updated at all times...no...if a value is overestimated or incorrect, there is a forum where members can bring sold data and post that a value need to be updated. Again remember we go by 9.4 or NM sales data for our NM values. We do not look at every series all the time, so we always encourage the community to help us keep up to date on stuff like that.

Again though, we do not track actual graded books, sales for graded books are quite wonky lol...i know currently we are working on putting graded data together and could possibly have graded values in the future, but it is nowhere close at this point.

Hope that helps Think

P.S.
    This is how i do mine...

i write the correct info in the notes section and update it over time as it changes, i dont worry about the raw book values that pop up... and i add all my CGC fees to the book data for what i paid so at least i have the proper data in there, which i then do the math on my own.

Last edited October 2, 2020 8:40:17 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 47
  • DC Comics's Knight Terrors: Knocturnal Creatures Hard Cover # 1
  • Viz Media's Mimi's Tales of Terror Hard Cover # 1
  • DC Comics's Superman/Batman Issue # 8