feature requests

Turning off different editions when viewing a title (Comic Book Forums)

• Turning off different editions when viewing a title

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 15, 2020 10:47:46 am
  • Hello, this may sound stupid, but... is there a way to turn off the different editions from showing (specifically not interested in seeing Canadian and Newstand editions) when looking at a specific title every time? I hate having to go one by one to collapse the "+" sign to make it easier to read.

Last edited September 15, 2020 11:16:50 am
  • Posted: September 15, 2020 6:26:11 pm
  • You can only choose to Collapse Variants, and if you do so then you will only see the regular issue. You can't specify certain variants.
    This can be done in your profile.

Last edited September 15, 2020 6:27:37 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: September 15, 2020 6:32:58 pm
  • IMO that doesn't make sense. Newstand and Canadian edition prints aren't as different in a price difference compared to "variants". Wouldn't it make more sense to be able to just turn off those instead? Anyways, I guess this is a wishlist.
  • Posted: September 15, 2020 7:39:42 pm
  • Well that depends on the year...Newsstands can Definitely be waaaaaay more valuable based on print run and rarity...as for older ones, we started adding them then decided (based for the most part that the value was the same essentially) that we werent going to add anymore. So some did get added and they wont be deleted. Newsstands now are only added from 2005-present as those are much much rarer then the direct edition counterparts (typically in the 1:100 range).

At the same time as Canuck said you can collapse your lists so you only see the A covers...

Personally if it were only up to me, i would add each edition (Direct, Newsstand, and Canadian) because they all are highly traded and values can easily be tracked...but its a democracy lol...i am way outvoted, but i dont mind based on the amount of work it would take to add all of those lol

Last edited September 15, 2020 7:42:51 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Thor #4 2nd Print - 1st Black Winter cover
    Ultimates 2 #2 - 1st Galactus the Lifebringer
    Venom #26 2nd Printing - 1st Virus
    Guardians of the Galaxy #25 - Newsstand Non-Foil Edition
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 57 years, 340 days, 8 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • AfterShock Comics's Dark Red Issue # 1c2e2
  • Dark Horse Comics's Disney Princess: Gleam Glow And Laugh TPB # 1
  • Valiant Entertainment's Imperium Issue # 5e
  • Titan Comics's Sherlock: A Scandal in Belgravia TPB # 1