feature requests

3 thousand Archie comic books, how should i get started ? (Comic Book Forums)

• 3 thousand Archie comic books, how should i get started ?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 17, 2020 3:04:27 pm
  • I just started the website a few days ago and I have probably close to three thousand Archie comics ranging from the 70's to 2020. I was looking at the grading for the comics and with it being 38 steps to find the accurate grade, it probably would take me a year or so just to go through all of my comics. I have like 15 + boxes full of Archie comics. i have been collecting Archie comics since 2007, so 13 years now and I am not sure where to begin. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited May 17, 2020 3:17:22 pm
  • Posted: May 21, 2020 12:03:46 am
  • Hi, just my opinion but unless you want to sell your comics I wouldn't spend too much time on trying to grade them. You would know the "general" grade of your comics based on how you've looked after them. I'd just select some mid-grade and start capturing the data and if there are books that you seriously want to get graded, take them out and spend a bit more time on figuring our their grade. Some of the obvious things to look at are page colour, condition of cover, spine ticks and bends, corners and flatness. You can then at a later stage go into more detail. Grading, although there are very specific guideline, can be a very subjective matter as one man's NM can be another man's FINE.
  • Posted: May 21, 2020 4:02:30 am
  • Thanks for the help and the grading of comics is very subjective.
  • Posted: May 21, 2020 3:28:20 pm
  • You're welcome, Jshelbur. Good luck Smile
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 57 years, 314 days, 22 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's After Realm Quarterly Issue # 3
  • Andrew Zaben's Dream Big Dreams TPB # 1
  • Image Comics's Nomen Omen Issue # 9b
  • Valiant Entertainment's X-O Manowar Issue # 1knowhere
CBR.com member auction items ?