feature requests

Newsstand Editions is there any standardization for inputting them? (Comic Book Forums)

• Newsstand Editions is there any standardization for inputting them?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 15, 2020 5:31:42 pm
  • I have a ton of Newsstand Edition comics. Some are already established on Comicbookream.com. However there are a bunch that are not. How should we go about handling them? Example: "Captain America: Rebirth (2011) Marvel Comics - One-Shot" has the direct edition listening but not the Newsstand Edition.The direct edition has a cover price of $4.99, and the Newsstand Edition, has a different price of $5.99. Also if you go to "Fear Itself: Wolverine" They put the Newsstand Price in the "about" section.

Last edited February 15, 2020 6:00:16 pm
  • Posted: February 15, 2020 7:42:20 pm
  • currently we are only adding newsstand editions from 2005 and newer. anything prior to 2005 are considered the same as the direct editions. I have been the only mod adding these, and i only add them as i see the physical book (or actual pic of the physical book).

The reason only 2005 and up are being added is because early comics (thru the 80's Direct editions were actually rarer then newsstand. from 90s thru approx 2005 they were roughly even in distribution #s, from 2005 til about 2 years ago (when they stopped making newsstand editions) they gradually got rarer and rarer as the years passed, so really newer newsstands are rarer then 2005 newsstands. Also 05-present newsstands had a significant difference then the direct that was more then just a barcode or a line thru the barcode. They started labeling them and in many cases were $1 more then the direct.

If you would like me to add these (that meet the 05 n up req) post them in the missing forum. Pic included with all info needed. Make a reference of 'For AmZoMBiE' and if another mod sees them they can let me know. I do alot on the site, but i shy away from adding all the missing books, only because i do a ton of other stuff, included research, pricing, and corrections. I love finding the 'Weird' stuff or super rare stuff, so thats what i spend a ton of time on.

Remember that i only add books that i have seen physically in person or in an actual pic so that i can make sure that all the info is correct. As for the pricing that is still speculative at the moment. Newsstands are just starting to get recognized by the community apart from the direct. I typically price them about 4x direct pricing, until there's enough sales data to support sales averages (One sale does not make a market, Ideally i'd like to have at least 20 sales samples to average).

Also i have not been adding DC newsstands as there is just not enough info to support distribution numbers, that i have seen. Only Marvel distribution numbers have been confimed as far as i know personally.

Last edited February 15, 2020 7:58:04 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: February 15, 2020 8:24:06 pm
  • Majority of these are all from the 2011ish time frame, some of the more pricey ones have been entered like the "Vengeance" that we talked about in a different post. I'll supply the pictures. I am going through now and noting all the Newsstand issues. 'll compile a list, and then follow the instructions in your reply to this post. It's gonna take me a bit to get it done, but at least I know how to push forward with it
  • Posted: February 15, 2020 8:32:16 pm
  • AmZoMBiE, how do you want me to handle the ones I already have graded? I could take a scan of it, but that may not do you any good. An example: "Venom: Flashpoint (2011) Marvel Comics" #1 - One-Shot or "Carnage: U.S.A. (2012) Marvel Comics" #1
  • Posted: February 15, 2020 8:34:59 pm
  • as long as i can see the barcode, and how its labeled its fine with just a pic from your cell... (can be uploaded the same was as a scan. The only dif would be you may not be able to use said pic for the actual scan in the system, and it would be left without a cover scan until someone finds one in the future.

ive added many without being able to supply the scan as they are sales posts from a site or wherever i may come across a ns...Most i try to add the scan...but cant always happen that way Confused

Last edited February 15, 2020 8:36:15 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: February 15, 2020 8:59:50 pm
  • oh and i deleted that FI wolv ns in the about section. I will add that book once i actually see it. If the person that added that info wants to add the book as a variant or edition, i will, but needs to do the same you are currently doing.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: February 17, 2020 3:44:14 pm
  • SO do you want the DC Newsstand Cover images? Or hold off for a while?
  • Posted: February 17, 2020 4:15:50 pm
  • yes, no DC for the time being until more info can be confirmed. For DC just add a note to books in your collection (i use (N) to signify any newsstand in my notes section in my collection)

To see what i mean: if you look in my collection under Dr. Doom!! and find Black Panther Vol 5 and hit the drop down. I think it will show you my notes section, if not i can screenshot it to show you.

Last edited February 17, 2020 4:17:33 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: February 17, 2020 4:17:46 pm
  • What about Dark Horse?
  • Posted: February 17, 2020 4:29:54 pm
  • Marvel only for now...in the future when i find more info about DC and independents i will start adding them. But there is a ton of work to do on just Marvel at the moment.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Killer Comics's Crucifix Executioner Issue # 9
  • Bad Dog Books's Fang Soft Cover # 4
  • Mad Cave Studios's Morning Star Issue # 1b
  • PS Artbooks's Silver Age Classics: Strange Suspense Stories Hard Cover # 8b