feature requests

Seller Question (Comic Book Forums)

• Seller Question

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 9, 2019 9:22:34 pm
  • Just a quick question about selling comics through CBR, is there any fees that are due or is it a a flat price when you list your comics for sale?
  • Posted: September 9, 2019 9:43:19 pm
  • You list your comics for sale for free. You then work with the buyer offline on payment. So you will likely have fees there, but CBR doesn't make any money on you selling on CBR.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 10, 2019 6:14:01 pm
  • Oh, but they should!!! Make it easier for us sellers and I would gladly throw 10% your way dough boy, no sweat.
  • Posted: September 10, 2019 6:22:22 pm
  • I wouldn't mind it, but there is a lot involved in making something happen.

I had looked into doing a sort of escrow type system where the buyer would pay the fees to CBR. CBR would hold until the buyer received the fees and signed off on the transaction at which point the fees would go to the seller. But there are a lot of legal issues with this.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 10, 2019 6:32:36 pm
  • I get you. We discussed this before at length after I saw how excellently Discogs works with their website (and their 8%). Anyway you can make it easier for me to sell comic books through your excellent website makes me happy and therefore a good shot at me being generous to you. Thanks.
  • Posted: September 10, 2019 7:22:22 pm
  • dough boy said:
    You list your comics for sale for free. You then work with the buyer offline on payment. So you will likely have fees there, but CBR doesn't make any money on you selling on CBR.

At the same time, we (CBR) hold no responsibility (at this point) if an improper transaction takes place. If we were running the sales end also, then possibly depending on how the legal agreement is set up.
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Fall of the House of X Issue # 4
  • IDW Publishing's Golgotha Motor Mountain Issue # 2
  • Thames & Hudson's How to Draw a Graphic Novel Soft Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Boy Issue # 6d