feature requests

Problem (Comic Book Forums)

• Problem

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 4, 2019 9:11:52 pm
  • What were you trying to do? Trying to add some books to my collection.

What happened? got as far as the results page. When I clicked on the page I wanted I got everything except the comic book list.

Were any error messages generated? no
    I'm using Chrome (PC), I was searching for Amazing Spider Man. I clicked on the first volume the page loaded there were no comic listing, I tried others same thing

Last edited July 5, 2019 8:38:50 pm
    Kenneth Stone
  • Posted: July 5, 2019 9:57:09 am
  • You need to provide more information. What did you search for, what did you click on, what device are you using, what browser, etc.

No one else has reported an issue so either it is extremely limited or it is your setup.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: July 5, 2019 11:12:29 am
  • I'm using Firefox (PC), I search for any title, say Ama Spi. Click on the first volume of Ama Spiderman ... page loads but no list of comics.

Chrome works no problem. I looked in the Firefox debugger, mentioned something about cache. Cleared cache, didn't help.

Last edited July 5, 2019 11:16:35 am
  • Posted: July 5, 2019 11:45:07 am
  • Now it's working.
  • Posted: July 5, 2019 2:30:40 pm
  • Not showing listings for books?
  • Posted: July 5, 2019 6:09:36 pm
  • That URL to the first script listed was replaced a month ago. You probably had things cached.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: July 6, 2019 9:01:30 am
  • dough boy said:
    That URL to the first script listed was replaced a month ago. You probably had things cached.

I cleared it but maybe it wasn't done clearing when I rechecked, or it required a new session. Either way, that seems to have been the problem.

This reminds me of a problem I see with Internet Explorer at work. We have to pass in a random number or the current time at the end of the URL to javascript to reload. Just one of the problems we've noticed with IE.
  • Posted: July 6, 2019 9:12:59 am
  • I am noticing an issue that may or may not be related. I did a general search for Identity Crisis and the search results came up. But if you click on any title, no issues come up. I can access my collection List fine (so far), but again, click on a title and same result. Using Goggle Chrome on iPad. Tried Safari...same result. Tried clearing Cache...same. Ideas? Hate to have to go to laptop...especially when out and about.
  • Posted: July 6, 2019 10:36:54 am
  • Same problem the only device it works on for me is my phone. Will not work on my tablet or laptop.
    Kenneth Stone
  • Posted: July 6, 2019 2:34:19 pm
  • Make sure you clear your cache, log out, close browser and then come back.

• Posted: July 6, 2019 3:24:19 pm
  • Did that. It seems to be working again
    Kenneth Stone
12 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 52 years, 82 days, 3 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Houghton Mifflin Company's Blue Pills Hard Cover # 1
  • Blackbox Comics's Militia Issue # 2
  • Friendly Comics's Sex Trek: The Next Infiltration Issue # 2
  • Papercutz's Vincent  Soft Cover # 2