feature requests

Need Some Help... (Comic Book Forums)

• Need Some Help...

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 19, 2019 6:13:18 pm
  • So i just got a Hulk #1 (2008 ) $3.99 Newsstand Edition graded by CGC...just now looked at the census on the book and I was pleasantly Blown Away lol...

https://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?ComicID=155830

my question...seeing as there are only 4 total in the census, and mine is 1 of only 2 9.6 (highest grade given out at this point)...what kind of value can i place on this thing...

for those of you that dont know...the $3.99 variants from 2007-2009 are super rare, less then 1 per 100 were made versus the direct edition...thats why the raw copy in our system is so high...but a top graded 3.99 newsstand...i cant fathom what to value it at, theres nothing comparable lol...

Thoughts?!

Last edited June 19, 2019 6:25:14 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: June 21, 2019 5:02:19 pm
  • 61 views and no one has any thoughts...thats a bit boring lol
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: June 21, 2019 5:44:10 pm
  • Wellllll....I really hate CGC and what they represent so I don't have a user account/log in and I'm not about to. So when I went to see what the you were talking about it just takes me to a login page so I see nothing Wink Laughing
    So it's tough for me and others to see what you're so excited about Wink
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: June 21, 2019 6:33:50 pm
  • I am interested in what kind of replies you may get.
    I have only a small number of CGC books, all but one were won at auction for around the $10 mark. 2 of the books, if I remember correctly are the highest on census...so your post and potential replies intrigues me more on the value on something along those lines.
    Yours of course being a newstand copy and being more rare, should be a bigger bump in the value place on it, I would assume though. How much? That is the question for sure. I guess that depends on demand and the market ultimately. Hulk is rather huge now with the Immortal Hulk title going off the charts in popularity, so I imagine you could bump it up a bit with that kind of gem that you have.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: June 21, 2019 7:56:11 pm
  • i sincerely apologize, i did not know you had to be registered to see that...

There are 4 total books graded in the Census.

and yeah Spector, i just want to get a rough ballpark...i bought this book when it first came out and argued with the guy cause it was $1 more then i thought they were lol...shoulda bought 2 lmaoBrick wall

Last edited June 21, 2019 8:02:56 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: June 28, 2019 7:49:34 pm
  • No decent responses...sad lol
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: June 28, 2019 9:20:15 pm
  • $3.99+slabbing fee

Twisted Evil

Last edited June 28, 2019 9:20:24 pm
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: June 29, 2019 5:29:48 am
  • Lol...i feel its more then $30 lol
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: June 29, 2019 6:33:20 am
  • What are regular ones going for? Double that and see if you can get it...
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: June 29, 2019 3:17:48 pm
  • well, i saw one of the 9.4 up a while ago for $450...lol...the raw newsstand is in the $60 range...i was thinking in the $500-600 range, but wanted to see what other people might think...i may even keep it at this point, being so rare.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
12 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Fantastic Four Issue # 19c
  • DC Comics's Jay Garrick: The Flash Issue # 6d
  • Schanes & Schanes's Midnight Gods Issue nn
  • Yen Press's The Summer Hikaru Died Soft Cover # 3