feature requests

Uploading cover scans (Comic Book Forums)

• Uploading cover scans

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 15, 2018 8:04:40 pm
  • I will add it to my list to look into this weekend.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: June 15, 2018 11:03:16 pm
  • Turns out all uploading was broken (code was 10+ years old and the CDN host upgraded things). Only took a few hours, but I think it is working.

I did notice it might give you an error on the front end, but if it is over 1k in height it will still upload. I will look into that this weekend.

Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: June 20, 2018 5:49:03 pm
  • Anyone else still getting this FATAL ERROR trying to upload pics to the personal gallery to use for new issue submittals
  • Posted: June 20, 2018 7:57:09 pm
  • I just tried it and it worked: https://comicbookrealm.com/view-pic/1/1506/23621

Can you please provide step by step instructions? Was this a new image you just uploaded? Or was it an image that was uploaded previously you were just now processing?

• Posted: June 20, 2018 8:32:35 pm
  • Hi, and thanks for the quick response. This is a brand new scan for an unlisted book I was submitting as my first test book (see the Doo variant in the new comic upload forum). It is 1020 pixels high, 463KB. I tried six times and got the same error. It is now uploading following the exact same steps as before (shown below).

Using Chrome and going into My Profile, Pics I select the Upload Pics button.
    Using Choose files, I browse and select the picture noted above and click Upload.
    The green bar goes to 100% and it states Processed "Scoobyscansmall.jpg".
    I press the Process Uploaded Image(s).
    I then enter the Title, Desc and select my Unlisted comics pics gallery.
    It was at this point I was receiving the Fatal Error, at least 6 times from noon until roughly 5:30pm today.

All seems well now and the pic has finally uploaded. Thanks!
  • Posted: June 20, 2018 8:35:22 pm
  • Hmmm...that is weird. I wonder if maybe there was an issue with the CDN earlier today?

Last edited June 20, 2018 8:35:47 pm

9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Carnage Issue # 6b
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Boy Issue # 6d
  • DC Comics's Tim Drake: Robin TPB # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate Black Panther Issue # 2 - 2nd print b