feature requests

problem viewing collection (Comic Book Forums)

• problem viewing collection

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 28, 2005 9:30:19 am
  • the main page loads, but when i click on "master pile" it doesn't bring up my list of titles, it gives me a "Cannot find server" message.

it's been like this since christmas eve night - help!

thanks!
  • Posted: December 30, 2005 9:42:53 pm
  • Sorry, been a busy one. I am looking into it, but it might very well be that you have too many comics in there and the page is just timing out. The reason for the whole "pile" thing is so that you can organize your collection, i.e. Box X holds these 300 issues, etc.

Is there a reason you put them all in the default?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: December 31, 2005 10:50:04 am
  • Man, do i ever understand "busy." Very Happy

no, no particular reason i put all comics together. I thought that *might* be the case, but it seems kinda quick for a time out. i'll try re-organizing a bit.

thanks!
  • Posted: December 31, 2005 2:55:13 pm
  • If I go to any of my "piles" they all load. Granted I only have about 300 in each one. The reason the page takes so long to load is that it is loading everything (i.e. all details etc.). Then it gets displayed. So when you click on the arrow to expand, the data is already there, and it just shows it.

I might need to rethink the whole thing and just have it load/reload the page with the requested data expanded. (not sure yet).

If you do a search for one of your titles, does it work? If it does, then the culprit probably is too many in the pile.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Beware the Planet of the Apes Issue # 4
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Biden's Titans vs Trump's Titans Issue # 1h
  • DC Comics's Nightwing Issue # 113c
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate Black Panther Issue # 3c