feature requests

Question (Comic Book Forums)

• Question

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 19, 2018 11:40:35 pm
  • I have an autographed and #'d copy of X-men 2099 Vol 1 # 1 by John Francis Moore (Writer) and Tom Smith (Colorist) with blue foil cover
    Oct 93'
    Price $1.75
    It comes with a certificate of authenticity from Catch A Star Collectibles, Inc. Ken Golden, CEO
    It isn't listed among the issues so I was wondering if there was any need to submit a copy of the cover.
  • Posted: January 20, 2018 11:24:51 am
  • I'm thinking it is listed here as X-Men 2099 #1. The $4 value is there as well. Signatures are tricky as sometimes they make the comic more valuable and sometimes they don't. A certificate helps, which you have. Don't retire from your job quite yet as you don't have a thousand dollar comic book. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
  • Posted: January 20, 2018 2:32:32 pm
  • An added signature or sketch on a cover is not considered a new or different cover so it shouldn't be added here. What I do is add a note to my issue in my collection.
  • Posted: January 21, 2018 7:45:32 am
  • Juno is correct, a signature or sketch does not make it a variant, we actually do not add most of the Dynamic Forces Signed variants because they made soooooo many...as Juno said, add the regular cover and just add a note in your notes section.
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: January 22, 2018 1:30:49 am
  • Thanks everyone for your input. I'll make the note as suggested. Oh, and I'll keep the job for the time being and hold on to the comics until I need them for retirement. Maybe by then it'll be worth a little more. LOL
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 22
  • Evoluzione Publishing's Ma’ari Issue # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Man vs Venom Soft Cover # 1 - 3rd print
  • Image Comics's The Infernals Issue # 1c