feature requests

Adding a range of numbers to the Est. Print Run window when indexing (Comic Book Forums)

• Adding a range of numbers to the Est. Print Run window when indexing

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 30, 2017 4:53:29 pm
  • I attempted to add a range of the estimated number of printed copies for the Dell'Otto drawn cover variant of Amazing Spider-Man #667 (Oct. 2011) here at CBR the other day. According to the site AmZoMBiE said he references for comics that had manufactured low print runs – recalledcomics.com – the Dell'Otto cover variant of ASM #667 had an estimated print run of between 200 to 500 copies – http://www.recalledcomics.com/AmazingSpider-Man667DellOtto.php – which I think should be what is shown here in the Est. Print Run window. However, when I tried several times to enter 200-500 in that window, it displayed as 200-50 after saving. If you check the indexing history, you'll see that it says Sent print run to: 200-500 on three occasions but none of them registered as 200-500. Then I tried <500 and < 500 to state that there are less than 500 copies but I removed those since I wasn't sure if it came across as a typo or not.
    I know that when a four-, five-, or six-digit number is entered in the Est. Print Run window that if it is entered in without commas – i.e. 4321 or 54321 – that they'll display with the commas as 4,321 or as 54,321 which is much easier to read. But I was wondering if that automated task of adding commas is interfering with adding a range of number of copies to that window. And if it is interfering with adding a range, can it be programmed to differentiate a range of numbers when a dash is used leaving it as is, while continuing to add commas to multi-digit numbers as before?

Last edited March 31, 2017 4:47:20 pm
  • Posted: August 8, 2017 3:55:01 pm
  • that is because there is not enough room in the line for that many numbers (his default line spacing in the background)...i run into the same issue on the renumbering of variants also. ill ask him if we can add some spaces to things, ill respond here with an update...send this a bump every so often if i dont respond for a bit please....
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • No Sleep's Babylon Working Issue # 2
  • Rocky Creek Publishing Co.'s Bitter Laughs Issue # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 7
  • Image Comics's Feral Issue # 1arsenal