feature requests

Identify comics driving value change of collection (Comic Book Forums)

• Identify comics driving value change of collection

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 30, 2017 10:45:16 am
  • Hello. I just noticed that my collection value went up significantly over the last 6 months (~$2K). Is there a way to find out which individual comics are driving that? I haven't added any new comics to the collection in that timeframe so it's not because of additional comics.
  • Posted: March 30, 2017 11:52:21 am
  • Go to "My Profile"
    You'll see a section titled "Blocks" click
    Click "New Block"
    This will come up -
    Title - Call it what you want like "Value Change"
    Type - Select "Report"
    Report - "On the Move"
    Save
    Go back to "My Profile" and you should see a box of the books in your collection that have changed.

Last edited March 30, 2017 11:53:02 am
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: March 30, 2017 2:15:03 pm
  • Thanks. I was able to create the block and see the list of items which have changed. This report/block will be handy in the future.

But although there were quite a lot of items on the list, it certainly wouldn't show an increase in value of the collection like what the initial chart is showing. I exported my collection again and will work up some INDEX/MATCH formula to compare current values to the report I ran 6 months ago.
  • Posted: March 30, 2017 2:53:49 pm
  • back in august i posted that i was going to be changing values based on the new overstreet and other sites...im only in the T's at the moment..that is probably the why you see that increase...our prices were due for an updating. things will change (as i stated in that post) some higher, some lower...and i also posted that there will most likely need more updating based on the new numbers for certain books, but i was updating the core pricing...Ive literally gone thru almost every title lol...long project lol

Last edited March 30, 2017 2:54:27 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: March 30, 2017 3:17:43 pm
  • Don't forget that the report shows books that move up as well as down in value, not just the increases.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: March 30, 2017 4:04:29 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    back in august i posted that i was going to be changing values based on the new overstreet and other sites...im only in the T's at the moment..that is probably the why you see that increase...our prices were due for an updating. things will change (as i stated in that post) some higher, some lower...and i also posted that there will most likely need more updating based on the new numbers for certain books, but i was updating the core pricing...Ive literally gone thru almost every title lol...long project lol

Ahh. This is probably the reason. Makes sense. Thanks.
  • Posted: March 30, 2017 4:32:00 pm
  • Canuck said:
    Go to "My Profile"
    You'll see a section titled "Blocks" click
    Click "New Block"
    This will come up -
    Title - Call it what you want like "Value Change"
    Type - Select "Report"
    Report - "On the Move"
    Save
    Go back to "My Profile" and you should see a box of the books in your collection that have changed.

I followed this instructions and I have no idea where the "box of books in your collection that have changed" is. When I run the "on the move" report, I see the list of accounts which are in my collection appear first.
  • Posted: March 30, 2017 5:18:36 pm
  • tsouthammavong said:
    I followed this instructions and I have no idea where the "box of books in your collection that have changed" is. When I run the "on the move" report, I see the list of accounts which are in my collection appear first.

Click on "my profile" at the top (next to logout and my realm). You should see a section called "Value Change" or whatever you named the block. Mine defaulted to the bottom left under "About Me", but I moved it to the right section which is a bit wider
  • Posted: March 30, 2017 6:45:32 pm
  • Just go to the on the move report and choose only comics you own.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: March 30, 2017 9:34:43 pm
  • dough boy said:
    Just go to the on the move report and choose only comics you own.

That's what I've been doing since I've joined this site. I just thought there would be an easier way to get that report. Now, is there to extract the "on the move" report on excel?

I'm deal with excel all day at work and would love to be able have that list on a spreed sheet.
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Whatnot Publishing's Assassins Creed: The Fall Issue # 1c
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate Black Panther Issue # 3c
  • Schanes & Schanes's Unicorns Issue set a
  • Marvel Comics's War Machine Issue # 4b