feature requests

Problem: Cannot see checklists (Comic Book Forums)

• Problem: Cannot see checklists

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 22, 2017 1:28:13 pm
  • When searching the checklists, I frequently get to the page with the two blue headers marked "Issues" and "Annuals" and there is no gap between them, which means I cannot scroll through the issues. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong please?
  • Posted: March 22, 2017 1:35:38 pm
  • There's an occasional glitch where the issues or annuals (or king-sizes, specials, etc.) lists don't open, so just click on the small + symbol just to the left of the word issues or annuals and the list of comics by number should open up.
  • Posted: March 22, 2017 6:45:18 pm
  • Hmmmm.... I had tried that before with no success, but i've just gone back to the screen i'd left open and it seems to be working now. Perhaps my computers just rubbish! Thanks for the reply anyway.
  • Posted: March 22, 2017 9:30:15 pm
  • try this...do like bob said and hit the + but then also hit the page number next to it (at the top the 1 2 3 4 )...that has happened to me before...

sometimes it just doesnt drop down...happens rarely for me but has happened...

is it a specified shell (checklist where the books are listed) you are trying to view and its not working or does it happen on multiple shells?

Last edited March 22, 2017 9:32:43 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: March 23, 2017 4:15:48 am
  • I've only just joined so i'm still getting used to how it all works. I'd say it's been difficult to get the checklists to appear about 50% of the time....it's really quite random. At least now I know I have been doing the right things, i'll just have to be more patient with it. It's definitely a site I want to use and it's actually re-sparked an interest in my old single comic collection. I might even start collecting again!!
  • Posted: March 23, 2017 7:38:59 am
  • If this is happening so much to you then it might be an issue with your setup? Honestly I have never not had it appear unless there was a logic error caused by indexing. In that case it would never appear for anyone until I got it fixed. If this "fixes" itself and it is happening so often it could be something on your end.

Can you provide information about your setup? How old is computer/device, what OS, what browser, etc?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: March 23, 2017 11:51:41 am
  • HP laptop, Windows 8.2, Chrome browser, perhaps a couple of years old. I'm no computer expert so i'm willing to believe that my set-up is possibly under-powered. To save you using up any more of your time, i'll do some spring cleaning with CCleaner and if the problem continues i'll let you know. Many thanks.
  • Posted: March 23, 2017 12:24:40 pm
  • RobNorton said:
    HP laptop, Windows 8.2, Chrome browser, perhaps a couple of years old. I'm no computer expert so i'm willing to believe that my set-up is possibly under-powered. To save you using up any more of your time, i'll do some spring cleaning with CCleaner and if the problem continues i'll let you know. Many thanks.
    What about your internet speed? Does it happen on the same series, issue, etc? basically the server sends the data to your computer which builds out the page.

Since you are using Chrome you might try using it in Incognito mode in case you have an extension causing conflicts too.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Al Barrett's Atomman Special # 5
  • DC Comics's Batman / Superman: World's Finest Issue # 26d
  • DC Comics's Tim Drake: Robin TPB # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine and the X-Men Issue # 3b