feature requests

Glitch when only year is indexed for any issues. (Comic Book Forums)

• Glitch when only year is indexed for any issues.

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 19, 2016 6:45:11 pm
  • I've noticed when only the year is indexed for a comic book, mostly on annuals and specials, that if you go to edit information for that book, there's a glitch that automatically changes the date to December of the previous year. For example, Star Wars Annual #1 was released in 1979, but if you try to add a contributor's name or character appearance or anything else and not touch the cover date, when you save and look at the update, it'll now have a cover date of Dec. 1978 showing. Any idea if this happens to anyone else, and if it does, can it be fixed? Thanks.

Last edited January 11, 2017 1:08:04 am
  • Posted: December 19, 2016 7:45:00 pm
  • this has always happened since i can remember. just have to remember to check the date before saving. it also happens if you choose something like Spring 1943...it will default to Spring December 1942...so youd need to manually change it back
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: December 19, 2016 8:04:44 pm
  • Can there be a new month option created named unknown or no month or something similar to select that might stop this glitch from happening? Or maybe a blank option?
  • Posted: December 19, 2016 8:11:20 pm
  • that is something to ask dough boy, tho i dont see it as necessary to be honest...

when i first joined the site back in 2010 i think i remember mentioning something to the same effect, and got the same answer i just gave you lol

Last edited December 19, 2016 8:12:25 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: December 19, 2016 9:08:22 pm
  • Ok, thanks.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 32
  • Valiant Entertainment's Harbinger Renegades/Savage Ashcan Double Feature Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Jackpot and Black Cat Issue # 1i
  • Image Comics's Local Man: Bad Girls Issue # 1c