feature requests

Is this a variant of The Defenders (1972 1986) Marvel Vol. 1 Issue # 50 (Comic Book Forums)

• Is this a variant of The Defenders (1972-1986) Marvel - Vol. 1 Issue # 50

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 30, 2016 4:36:31 pm
  • The price block on The Defenders (1972-1986) Marvel - Vol. 1 Issue # 50 is a white diamond on a black background. I have a copy of this issue with a rectangular price block similar to the price block on the 35 cent variant of this issue but with a cover price of 30 cents. Is this a variant you are interested in?
  • Posted: October 31, 2016 6:06:48 pm
  • what you have is either the direct market or newsstand variant of that issue (i think the newsstand version has a barcode on the cover and direct has some sort of artwork or no box at all)...i believe most older books have both variants (though the changes vary). The cover is the same and so is the price (value) which is why we dont really add them because of how much room that would take up in the database.

if you are logging books and adding them to your piles, i recommend that you use the version that is currently shown in the database and add a note that it is either the black diamond or newsstand or M variant or however you describe it)

Last edited October 31, 2016 6:11:05 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Al Barrett's Atomman Issue # 55
  • Marvel Comics's Fall of the House of X Issue # 4g
  • Marvel Comics's The Micronauts: The Original Marvel Years - Omnibus Hard Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine and the X-Men Issue # 20b