feature requests

Points?!? (Comic Book Forums)

• Points?!?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 19, 2010 7:32:40 pm
  • Thank you Spa!
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: October 17, 2011 4:14:26 am
  • sorry new to the site. Am I correct in understanding that for the foreseeable future the site is free? meaning i do not need points to keep track of my collection? what does the renewal date mean? does this mean i have to pay anything after a year if i dont log points? help pls
  • Posted: October 17, 2011 6:46:38 am
  • yocomicsu said:
    sorry new to the site. Am I correct in understanding that for the foreseeable future the site is free? meaning i do not need points to keep track of my collection?

Correct

yocomicsu said:
    what does the renewal date mean? does this mean i have to pay anything after a year if i dont log points? help pls

The renewal date is if the site ever became a paying site then that would technically be the next time payment would be due. Points extend the renewal date. Technically you do not really need to gain points unless you want to participate in the once a year auctions which auction off various comics and other goodies.
  • Posted: October 17, 2011 8:40:27 am
  • awesome. thanks very much puinno
  • Posted: March 1, 2013 4:51:31 pm
  • I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but when I click the auction link, it just redirects back to the main forum page. Is there still an auction?
  • Posted: March 1, 2013 6:54:18 pm
  • We should have another auction this year...but currently there isn't one.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: March 1, 2013 9:51:54 pm
  • Ahh, thank you dough boy. Smile
  • Posted: March 11, 2013 2:26:43 pm
  • wait, wait, wait, WAIT!

So there will be an auction and I can bid with my points? So hypotheticly I can get something with only my points + shiping? So if I have say 40000 points I have $40, is that right?

This just got a lot more interesting...
  • Posted: March 11, 2013 2:39:49 pm
  • Yup. So maybe I list a $20 book for $5. Once you win items you can pay in points, and then cash after that.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: January 21, 2014 6:34:34 pm
  • I think I have the point system down. Are their any auctions coming up. Where do post that info?
    Thanks
20 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Black Label's Batman: White Knight Presents - Generation Joker Hard Cover # 1
  • Skybound's Cobra Commander Issue # 4b
  • Image Comics's The Complete Invincible Library Hard Cover # 5
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 457b