feature requests

Points?!? (Comic Book Forums)

• Points?!?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 14, 2005 7:58:50 pm
  • What are points for?
  • Posted: November 15, 2005 8:08:33 am
  • The points have 2 meanings. Originally this was going to be a pay site. It was going to be $20 a year. But it was not about the money. We were even going to let you "pay" in comics. It was also decided that we should reward users for helping with the site and contributing to improve everyones comic experience.

So for every 50 points that you earn, it is another free day. Since MyComicPile.com is free (who knows way down the road), your renewal date keeps getting pushed back. If your renewal date comes up now, it is just automatically extended for another year.

The second reason for the points is along the lines of rewards. The goal is next summer to have an auction where users that have earned points can bid on items. Items will be statues, busts, limited edition comics, mini-series, variants, etc. Just like eBay, the one with the most points wins.

There will be more posts later on as we get closer.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: November 28, 2005 9:02:05 pm
  • You can now visit the Auction thread to see what you can spend your hard earned points on!

http://www.mycomicpile.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=123
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: April 17, 2010 10:43:51 pm
  • Might be a silly question, but I just wanted to make sure I understood clearly. Is actual payment in auction points or money?
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: April 17, 2010 11:50:09 pm
  • Don of the DED said:
    Might be a silly question, but I just wanted to make sure I understood clearly. Is actual payment in auction points or money?

Both you use your points first then money.

tt
    You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
    " Holy on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
    http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
  • Posted: April 18, 2010 6:53:35 pm

• Both you use your points first then money.

So you win with the points, then you pay shipping? Am I correct?
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: April 18, 2010 7:42:03 pm
  • lets say you have $5 worth of points but you bid on something for $7 you would use your points and then have to pay $2 real money. like me for example last year i only had a few points but spent real money to win some bigger ticket items. btw i love that daredevil hardcover. Very Happy

Last edited April 18, 2010 7:42:58 pm
  • Posted: April 19, 2010 10:17:23 am
  • smeggie42 said:
    like me for example last year i only had a few points but spent real money to win some bigger ticket items. btw i love that daredevil hardcover. Very Happy

I though you where shipping that to meee..

lol

tt
    You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
    " Holy on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
    http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
  • Posted: April 19, 2010 11:58:04 am
  • So what is the determination between points and money? How much money is say for example 40,000 points? Did you also have to pay for shipping?
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: April 19, 2010 1:37:49 pm
  • There is an evaluation of 1,000 points = $1.00 for CBR auctions. So for example if won an item with a $10.00 bid, you could pay for it with 10,000 points + shipping costs, which cannot be paid with points.

Or if you won an auction item for $20.00 and only had 10,000 points, you could pay for it with 10,000 points + $10.00 + shipping costs.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
20 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Al Barrett's Atomman Issue # 55
  • Oni Press's Covenant Soft Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Ghost Rider: Final Vengeance Issue # 2e
  • Caliber Entertainment's Witness to War: The Journal of Anna Krieg Soft Cover # 1