feature requests

Sync Collection Time? (Comic Book Forums)

• Sync Collection Time?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 17, 2023 11:05:53 pm
  • How long should syncing my collection take? I have been trying to sync it for a few months now and it never seems to sync everything. Is there something I need to do differently than clicking on sync and leaving it on that screen for an hour or so?
  • Posted: August 18, 2023 10:55:23 am
  • How large is your collection? How many piles? It shouldn't take months, and should only take maybe an hour at most.

I would clear the cache, clear the data, delete the app, reinstall. It should try to sync when you first log in, but you might want to go do a full sync in settings.

It could be that your database is corrupt on your device.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: August 18, 2023 11:18:52 am
  • Just one Pile with 4,646 books in it. I'll delete it and reinstall it but I have done that before.
  • Posted: August 18, 2023 11:23:19 am
  • Hmmm...I wonder if there is a timeout issue. It grabs 1 pile at a time. So if you have them all in one pile, it could be too large of a file to transfer, takes too long, can't process, etc. You might need to split them up.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: October 31, 2023 9:18:23 pm
  • Hi. Long time user, first time posting to forums.

I started having sync issues with android app version 1.4.3. I have ~6.5k total issues across 12 piles. A few piles have over 1k issues (many titles across whole collection). No issues with web database.

I'm familiar with app dev so I've done the usual stuff like making sure version is current, clearing cache, etc.

I have about 10.5 MB of user data for the app and 500k cache data.

Is there a count limit to individual piles or total collection?

I'm wondering if breaking up titles into more piles would help the sync issue or if there are other suggestions?

This is by far my favorite comic app, so please keep up the good work.
  • Posted: October 31, 2023 9:22:02 pm
  • I am guessing this is the case. For instance even on the web we don't allow a pile to be viewed with more than 1k books. The purpose of the piles is to be able to locate your books (like in a box, etc). There is reporting for everything else, and Excel exporting for any further necessary reporting.

I would venture to guess if you reduced the amount in a pile it wouldn't have a problem.

• Posted: November 2, 2023 12:53:58 am
  • Thanks!
    Played with reducing size of piles to under 1k issues and syncing worked immediately.

So now I just have to decide how I want to logically break up my volumes between piles to stay under the 1k limit, but that will be a fun project.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 73 years, 51 days, 2 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Skybound's G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero Issue # 306c
  • C.H.P.'s Kwakups Issue # 2c
  • Maerkle Press's Love and Capes Issue # 13
  • Marvel Comics's Ms. Marvel: Mutant Menace  Issue # 3d