feature requests

A few keyboard characters on app seem out of place. (Comic Book Forums)

• A few keyboard characters on app seem out of place.

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 19, 2019 3:12:00 pm
  • Just downloaded the app and love it. One of my comics is Bernie Wrightson's Muck Monster Artist's Portfolio. But it comes up where apostrophe "s" is replaced with weird characters ™, and an "a" with a triangle on top (circumflex) and another weird character. What gives?

I also just noticed it gets really bad in the descriptions. I can send some screen shots but no idea where to send them

Last edited October 19, 2019 3:17:41 pm
  • Posted: October 19, 2019 3:38:16 pm
  • It is an encoding issue. See if the title is fixed now. For those that have bad descriptions, we would need to know which comics and we should be able to fix those too.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: October 19, 2019 3:56:26 pm
  • "Wrightson's" is fixed but "Artist's" is not. The one with a lot of encoding issues in the description is Batman Vol 1 #357
  • Posted: October 20, 2019 9:07:35 am
  • Both should be fixed. I am going to see if I can fix the encoding issue on the app...
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: October 20, 2019 11:57:37 am
  • Thanks. Muck monster is fixed on " most valuable" but not on "Master Pile". I let the developers look into this for a few weeks and then retry. Love almost everything else on the app so far.
  • Posted: October 20, 2019 12:24:20 pm
  • My guess is because that is cached. Try resyncing and it should fix it.

• Posted: October 27, 2019 4:49:09 pm
  • Much appreciated. It looks all fixed now. Great job!
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Viz Media's Akane-Banashi Soft Cover # 5
  • DC Comics's Catwoman Issue # 64
  • Marvel Comics's The Incredible Hulk Issue # 11b
  • DC Comics's Wonder Woman Issue # 8b