feature requests

Barcode Scanner (Comic Book Forums)

• Barcode Scanner

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 19, 2017 9:18:59 pm
  • Do we have a bar code scanner we can use to enter comics quicker?
  • Posted: October 19, 2017 9:43:56 pm
  • The app has one. It takes a little getting used to. We also have to have the ISBN for it to work.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: January 5, 2018 2:28:26 pm
  • I'm having trouble making this feature work. Is there a tutorial? Am I doing something wrong?
  • Posted: January 5, 2018 3:06:24 pm
  • There is not a tutorial. It takes some practice to get it to recognize both barcodes. If you see it scans both but it doesn't find anything then that means we do not have that ISBN indexed yet.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: January 5, 2018 6:47:50 pm
  • I can see dots appear but nothing happens after that. I've used common and uncommon books trying to make this work.. What is the lightning bolt in the corner for? Maybe I'm doing something wrong with that.
  • Posted: January 5, 2018 7:51:11 pm
  • I just found this random comic on the internet, opened my app and the second scan of the UPC the app found it. Make sure you are scanning the UPC only and not the entire cover...

https://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1562/15626911/3179541-stl030372.jpg

I don't do anything else.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Allen Thomas's Infinite Uppercut Soft Cover # 3
  • Image Comics's Killadelphia Issue # 34
  • Graphix's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur: Wreck and Roll! TPB # 1
  • Amphibia Comics's Newt Issue # 2